Catherine Fratianni Guevara and Pedro Guevara-Fratianni: Finding HOME at Saint Rose in so many waysLike so many people over the years, Catherine Fratianni Guevara first connected with Saint Rose through her child. Unlike most, however, her son, Pedro Guevara-Fratianni, has never been a Saint Rose student –...
Joe Donahue ’91: Getting his start at Saint Rose, then opening doors for future broadcastersJoe Donahue isn’t one to brag. But if you ask if he’s interviewed a particular actor, newsmaker, or literary giant the answer is probably “yes.” In the WAMC Northeast Public Radio studio and at broadcas...
Ken Scott: Showing students the value of service to the dear neighborAs the College’s first director of community service, Ken Scott inspired students to explore, then deepen, their community learning, care for the underserved, and become active citizens focused on our great i...
George R. Hearst III: Trustee and steadfast supporter of Saint RoseA Saint Rose Trustee since 2003, George R. Hearst III has lent his illustrious family name to the College for many decades and greatly enriched the Saint Rose experience for students and alumni with his promine...
Christine Hmiel Schudde ’06: Community development with compassion“I am not content for Habitat to be just another real estate developer or service provider,” Christine Hmiel Schudde ’06 writes on her professional profile. “The stakes are too high for small or rig...
The people who helped bring Saint Rose into the 'computing age'Saint Rose students received their first taste of computer programming in early 1972, when a course in computer science was offered during the January term, most likely taught by math and physics faculty member...
Edson Chipalo ’17: Finding home and educational opportunity in another part of the worldEdson Chipalo ’17 grew up in Zambia as an orphan, in a hut with no electricity. He used a Coke bottle to make a kerosene lamp he needed in order to study. He was forced to leave school at a young age beca...
Michael Vamosy '93: Star power, brilliant vision, and a grateful heartAs comfortable with Hollywood’s biggest stars and network executives as he is with young graphic design students, Michael Vamosy ’93 is a brilliant, innovative advertising and marketing entrepreneur...
J. Robert Sheehan: A life dedicated to music and his faithA beloved professor and Saint Rose community member, J. Robert Sheehan received the Carondelet Medal — the College’s highest honor — in 2002. A member of the College’s music faculty, Sheehan chaired the...
Dr. Margaret ‘Maggie’ M. Kirwin: A talent in so many roles at Saint RoseIn more than 40 years at Saint Rose, Dr. Margaret “Maggie” Kirwin strengthened programs and built collaborations that helped bring education students to the front lines of teaching at all levels. Th...
Scott Bartley '93: Enriching the world of branding with his artistry and creative visionAn engaged, savvy, and influential creative professional immersed in the fast-paced world of branding and marketing, Scott Bartley ’93 honed his artistic skills in the graphic design program at Saint Rose...
Dr. Louis C. Vaccaro: Transformational leader of Saint Rose in the '80s and early '90sKnown as a transformational Saint Rose leader, Louis C. Vaccaro successfully increased the College’s enrollment, attracted more male students into the student body, and expanded its community to become mo...
- Diana de Avila G’96: Creating a prolific body of ‘other worldly’ artwork
- Catching up with Dilshad Abubakir G’09: Providing assistance and vital programs to refugees and displaced persons in Iraq
- Ann Beberwyk Barry ’65, G’69, Ph.D.: How a Sister’s support inspired her lifelong pursuit of education
- Catching up with Erin Felix ’16: Continuing her winning game with the Knicks at Madison Square Garden
- Catching up with Dickelle Fonda ’71: Counseling skills and a commitment to helping women lead to fulfilling work in therapy
- Matt Toporowski ’08: Bringing a social justice perspective to city hall
- She’s lived the achievement gap, now Rhina Allende ’18 wants to fix it
- Catching up with Jessica (Bishop) Leduc ’12: Providing expert behavioral guidance, and loving care, for autism-spectrum-touched families
- Michael Vamosy ’93: Budding artist turned marketing and branding powerhouse
- Catching up with Salvatore DeAngelo G’08: Supporting students to find their voice, protect the environment, and be kind
- Christopher Clarke ’95: from business dreams to a broadcasting career at ESPN
- Catching up with Schuyler Bull ’10, G’10: A checklist of success that never ends
- Catching up with Iris White ’94: Collaboration, conflict management, and caring
- Chad Foster ’17, G’18: Finding answers for others, and himself, through social work
- Eamon Murphy ‘18: Crunching the numbers to find evidence of crime
- Janell Sluga ’85: Finding solutions for seniors and their families
- Catching up with Patrick Cullen ’08, G’09: Bringing business and tech skills together with ‘servant leadership’
- Catching up with Julian Lipinski ‘18: An international student turned world traveler in his finance career
- Dr. Karen Cerosaletti, Ph.D., ’82: Medical researcher gets a chance to give back
- Catching up with Matthias Hackett ’13: A day in the life of a flyfishionado
- Five pieces of career advice from Robert Bellizzi ’10 (and some love for Saint Rose)
- Catching up with Aaron Sitawisha Carter ’73: Maintaining a commitment to activism, even in a pandemic
- Jessica Forbes G’11: How a love of talking led to her perfect career
- Catching up with F. Maxine Fantroy-Ford, Ed.D. ’75: Retirement? What’s that?
- Sara Biancosino ’17: From football to baseball, she’s got all her bases covered
- Catching up with Patricia Kim ’57: Traveling halfway around the world to find her new home
- Sam Crocker ’16 and Nick Menozzi ’17: Golden Knights chemistry translates to career success
- Renee (Gligora) Lista ’02: A focused career goal and the drive to get there
- Catching up with Diana J. Durham, Ph.D., G’77: Not quite ready to fold up her tent
- Wayde Dazelle ’16: Addressing public health inequities through medicine, creativity – and lots of energy
- Catching up with Mike O’Hanlon ’77: A call to give back to his alma mater
- One heart: While 100 years have brought many changes to Saint Rose, our values have remained the same
- Catching up with Sister J. Elizabeth (Betsy) Van Deusen, CSJ, ’84: A calling to serve her community
- David Woodman ’20: A natural aptitude for IT and determination to finish what he’d started
- Ségolène Le Roi Prescott ’20: Finding Meaning in Data Analysis
- Catching up With Deborah Springer ’96: Lab Time Spent on the Fight Against COVID-19
- Samuel Pierre ’14, G’17: Passion for Human Resources Discovered Through an Internship
- Megan-Claire Chase ’99: Drawing on Her Experiences and Challenges to Fight for Cancer Patients
- Catching Up with Tony Paratore ’79: A Burning Passion for Sales
- Catching up with Sue Nigra ’89: Many Career Incarnations but with Communications at Heart
- Dr. Nino Kharaishvili, MD, MBA G’07: Combining Medicine and Business Acumen to Improve Health System Resilience
- Derek Reed ’16: A Love for Connecting Inspires Career in Sales
- Mary Lou Lamb ’55, Saint Rose Alum and Donor, Passes Away at 86
- Father Brian Slezak ’05: Maintaining a Faith Community Remotely Video
- Catching up with Carol Jankunas ’64: Reinventions and Adventures Mark Post-Saint Rose Life
- Saint Rose Alums Reach Out or Work Front Lines During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Saint Rose Education Alums Adapt Creatively to Remote Instruction
- Catching Up with Pamela Chris (Wilber) Howard G’99: Speech Therapist Foundation Is the Mother of Invention
- Alayna Shaw ’13: Keeping Students in School When School Is Online
- Catching Up with Bill Fenner G’07: Developing a Natural Talent for Sales
- Waheera Mardah ’16: Saint Rose Class Leads to Career in Economic Development
- Catching Up with Mary Ellen Jukoski ’73, G’79: The President of Three Rivers Community College Who Still Loves the Classroom
- Randy Hernandez ’07: Scouting for the Nation’s Most Compelling News
- Catching up with Rich Kissane G’90: Beloved Robotics Guru of Albany High
- Steven Gamache G’10: Transformational Teaching Merits Milken Educator Award
- Catching Up with Greta K. Smith G’75: Still Guiding Teachers
- Cecelia Martinez ’11: From Communications to Coding, All with Community in Mind
- Maria Sanchez Gonzalez ’13: From Basketball Player to Nike Buyer, Making Sports a Daily Habit
- Hai Ling ’93: Global Success in Business and a Desire to Give Back to Saint Rose
- Elijah (Eli) Armstrong ’82: Multi-sport Saint Rose Athlete Now Focuses on Career as Tennis Pro
- Brandon Birchak ’08: National Champion Diver Now Uses Skills in Cirque du Soleil Video
- Jason Miller ’94: A Career in Sports That Would Make His Late Coach (and First Investor) Proud Video
- Alexis Williams ’15: Learning Management as a Student-Athlete Translates to U.S. Ski & Snowboard Role
- Jessica Gerski ’13: Player Experiences Prepared Her for the Challenges of the Sports Industry
- Steve Dagostino ’08: Shaping Basketball’s Top Talent
- Tim McAuley ’01: A New Way to Serve
- Sharon Vilardo Maneri ’64, G’69 Honored with 2019 Carondelet Lifetime Achievement Award
- Meet some of the Newest Golden Roses: The Class of 1969
- Sara Biancosino ’17: Saint Rose Internship Leads to Career Touchdown with NFL
- Jesús Valbuena Garcia ’93: A Documentary He Was Born to Make
- Mike Brown G’07: Failing His Way into a Top Coffee Company Video
- Brian Xavier Willis ’15: Bringing His Saint Rose Experiences to Compassionate Law Enforcement
- Dr. Patrice Milos ’80: Using Research and Analytics to Challenge Cancer
- Dr. Patricia Fox ’68: Plastic Surgery with Heart
- Kevin Graber ’92 and Doug Kimbler ’98: Transforming Baseball Programs from the Ground Up Video
- Maureen Conroy ’72: Exploring a Love for Space Through Math Video
- Toshiko ‘Veronica’ Tanaka ’63: Continuing to Inspire Students in Japan
- Marking a decade as our athletic HOME: Christian Plumeri Sports Complex continues to elevate Golden Knights athletics
- Beyond the Games: Men’s Soccer Player Wari Isaac '20
- Garth Joseph Comes Full Circle: Star Athlete Returns to Campus to Finish Degree
- Christine Myers '19: A Bigger Reason to Run Video
Showing their Resilience: The Class of 2021 & 2020
- Meet our graduates: Josh Heller G’21, a communications major turned computer science grad
- Meet our graduates: Gloria Jean G‘21, coming out of retirement to help kids in need
- Meet our graduates: Maja De Garay ‘21, G’21, a future teacher steeped in service learning experience
- Meet our graduates: Krystan Luke G’20, helping children and families through their darkest hours
- Meet our graduates: John Braun ‘20, G’21, seeing his future in numbers
- Meet our graduates: Shariva Reed G’20, a social worker who pivoted to school counseling
- Meet our graduates: Austin Joseph Haley-Berry ’21, a cybersecurity student who found his confidence at Saint Rose
- Meet our graduates: Aileen Burke ‘20, from Poli Sci student to aspiring social worker
Find a Saint Rose Story
Have FUN with Saint Rose coloring pages!
As everyone is adjusting to these new circumstances, we wanted to remind you that we’re all in this together.
From our kitchen tables, home offices and even our couches, Saint Rose is still working hard for our students and for you. So be on the lookout for fun activities, ways to stay safe and how we can help each other.
To kick things off, we thought we’d start with some FUN! We created Saint Rose coloring pages! Kids and kids at heart, take a picture of your finished masterpieces and share them with us.