Saint Rose values that persist: Patricia Hunter Standish '50, G'57Few individuals in Saint Rose history are as decorated as Patricia Hunter Standish ’50, G’57, and her late husband J. Spencer Standish. The couple received the Spirit of Saint Rose Award in 2004, we...
Ensuring the spirit of Saint Rose continues past graduation: The Saint Rose Alumni AssociationThe Saint Rose Alumni Association was founded in 1924 — the year of the first graduating class — and since then has continued to serve as an important connection to the College. Whether alums consider thems...
A leader for the second half of the century: Dr. Thomas ManionThe College had surpassed its first half-century and was emerging from the civil unrest of the 1960s and short-lived tenure of its fifth president, Alfonse R. Miele, when Dr. Thomas Manion became president. The...
The start of a fully coeducational Saint Rose: Albert Sterling '71Al Sterling ’71 is one of the first 30 male undergraduates to graduate from Saint Rose after the College went coeducational in 1969 – but that’s not the only remarkable thing about him. He already had muc...
A legacy on the field and in the lives of players: Coach Bob BellizziAlthough many years have gone by, former players of Coach Bob Bellizzi often get emotional when they speak of the lessons they learned from him on and off the field. He will forever be his own chapter in the hi...
Living the Mission of an Inclusive Community: Jacqueline CurtisThe civil rights movement of the 1960s and ’70s brought calls for more inclusive college campuses. Saint Rose didn’t just talk about it. The College wrote a grant to the state education department to establ...
Reminding generations of the magic of numbers: Dr. Mary Ann Schultz McLoughlin '63Professor Mary Ann Schultz McLoughlin ’63 has been with The College of Saint Rose for more than half of its existence. Entering as a student in 1959 and joining the mathematics faculty in 1965, Dr. McLoug...
Steadfast Supporters and a Portrait of Our Values: The Massry FamilyLong-standing supporters of Saint Rose, and pillars of the Capital Region community, the Massry family has contributed professionally and personally for decades. The Massry family’s generosity is evident thro...
Using knowledge to serve the community: Dr. Susan DeLukeBy the start of the 21st century, educators had a great deal of insight into the thinking, behavior, and educational needs of young people on the autism spectrum. Rather than accept limitations, these forward-t...
Thinking big for the school of business: Sister Marguerite Donovan, CSJ, '54, G'62Sister Marguerite Donovan ’54, G’62 spent 20 years of her life serving the Saint Rose community as a business professor who left a lasting impression on the Huether School of Business. Donovan was f...
The mother of our alma mater: Winifred McGowan Quinn '24The words to the Saint Rose alma mater came quickly to music student Winifred McGowan Quinn, a member of the first graduating class. Her legacy lives on each time it is performed. Winifred McGowan Quinn, a tale...
A tradition of serving those who served: Professor Walter L HahnOn campus, Professor Walter L. Hahn was known for his booming voice and for using it to occasionally announce “Quiz!” when startled business and economics students entered his room. On the battlefield in Eu...
- Renee (Gligora) Lista ’02: A focused career goal and the drive to get there
- Catching up with Diana J. Durham, Ph.D., G’77: Not quite ready to fold up her tent
- Wayde Dazelle ’16: Addressing public health inequities through medicine, creativity – and lots of energy
- Catching up with Mike O’Hanlon ’77: A call to give back to his alma mater
- Catching up with Sister J. Elizabeth (Betsy) Van Deusen, CSJ, ’84: A calling to serve her community
- David Woodman ’20: A natural aptitude for IT and determination to finish what he’d started
- Ségolène Le Roi Prescott ’20: Finding Meaning in Data Analysis
- Catching up With Deborah Springer ’96: Lab Time Spent on the Fight Against COVID-19
- Samuel Pierre ’14, G’17: Passion for Human Resources Discovered Through an Internship
- Megan-Claire Chase ’99: Drawing on Her Experiences and Challenges to Fight for Cancer Patients
- Catching Up with Tony Paratore ’79: A Burning Passion for Sales
- Catching up with Sue Nigra ’89: Many Career Incarnations but with Communications at Heart
- Dr. Nino Kharaishvili, MD, MBA G’07: Combining Medicine and Business Acumen to Improve Health System Resilience
- Derek Reed ’16: A Love for Connecting Inspires Career in Sales
- Mary Lou Lamb ’55, Saint Rose Alum and Donor, Passes Away at 86
- Father Brian Slezak ’05: Maintaining a Faith Community Remotely Video
- Catching up with Carol Jankunas ’64: Reinventions and Adventures Mark Post-Saint Rose Life
- Saint Rose Alums Reach Out or Work Front Lines During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Saint Rose Education Alums Adapt Creatively to Remote Instruction
- Joe Pompo G’12: Grad Returns to His Hometown for a Huge Career Opportunity
- Catching Up with Pamela Chris (Wilber) Howard G’99: Speech Therapist Foundation Is the Mother of Invention
- Alayna Shaw ’13: Keeping Students in School When School Is Online
- Catching Up with Bill Fenner G’07: Developing a Natural Talent for Sales
- Waheera Mardah ’16: Saint Rose Class Leads to Career in Economic Development
- Catching Up with Mary Ellen Jukoski ’73, G’79: The President of Three Rivers Community College Who Still Loves the Classroom
- Randy Hernandez ’07: Scouting for the Nation’s Most Compelling News
- Catching up with Rich Kissane G’90: Beloved Robotics Guru of Albany High
- Steven Gamache G’10: Transformational Teaching Merits Milken Educator Award
- Catching Up with Greta K. Smith G’75: Still Guiding Teachers
- Cecelia Martinez ’11: From Communications to Coding, All with Community in Mind
- Maria Sanchez Gonzalez ’13: From Basketball Player to Nike Buyer, Making Sports a Daily Habit
- Hai Ling ’93: Global Success in Business and a Desire to Give Back to Saint Rose
- Elijah (Eli) Armstrong ’82: Multi-sport Saint Rose Athlete Now Focuses on Career as Tennis Pro
- Brandon Birchak ’08: National Champion Diver Now Uses Skills in Cirque du Soleil Video
- Jason Miller ’94: A Career in Sports That Would Make His Late Coach (and First Investor) Proud Video
- Alexis Williams ’15: Learning Management as a Student-Athlete Translates to U.S. Ski & Snowboard Role
- Jessica Gerski ’13: Player Experiences Prepared Her for the Challenges of the Sports Industry
- Steve Dagostino ’08: Shaping Basketball’s Top Talent
- Tim McAuley ’01: A New Way to Serve
- Sharon Vilardo Maneri ’64, G’69 Honored with 2019 Carondelet Lifetime Achievement Award
- Meet some of the Newest Golden Roses: The Class of 1969
- Sara Biancosino ’17: Saint Rose Internship Leads to Career Touchdown with NFL
- Jesús Valbuena Garcia ’93: A Documentary He Was Born to Make
- Mike Brown G’07: Failing His Way into a Top Coffee Company Video
- Brian Xavier Willis ’15: Bringing His Saint Rose Experiences to Compassionate Law Enforcement
- Dr. Patrice Milos ’80: Using Research and Analytics to Challenge Cancer
- Dr. Patricia Fox ’68: Plastic Surgery with Heart
- Kevin Graber ’92 and Doug Kimbler ’98: Transforming Baseball Programs from the Ground Up Video
- Maureen Conroy ’72: Exploring a Love for Space Through Math Video
- Toshiko ‘Veronica’ Tanaka ’63: Continuing to Inspire Students in Japan
Find a Saint Rose Story
Have FUN with Saint Rose coloring pages!
As everyone is adjusting to these new circumstances, we wanted to remind you that we’re all in this together.
From our kitchen tables, home offices and even our couches, Saint Rose is still working hard for our students and for you. So be on the lookout for fun activities, ways to stay safe and how we can help each other.
To kick things off, we thought we’d start with some FUN! We created Saint Rose coloring pages! Kids and kids at heart, take a picture of your finished masterpieces and share them with us.