Communication Sciences and Disorders Professor Jack Pickering: Seeking the authentic voiceYears before discussions about transgender rights were common, Communication Sciences and Disorders Professor Jack Pickering understood the need for people to speak in the voice of the gender that reflected who...
Pat Filien ’93: Always an advocate for Saint RoseOne of Saint Rose’s great successes, Pat Filien ’93 remains an important part of Saint Rose history. Although he was taken from this life all too soon, his dedication to excellence, competitive but ...
Garth Joseph ’19: From Dominica to Saint Rose to the NBAIn 2019, on the way to finally finishing his Saint Rose degree after a chance to play professional basketball interrupted his initial plans, Garth Joseph turned heads on campus, and not just because he loomed l...
Saint Rose BOLD Scholars: Future leaders determined to shatter the glass ceilingThe first class of seven BOLD Scholars graduated from Saint Rose in May 2020 — a hundred years after The College of Saint Rose opened its doors to provide educational access and opportunity to women. In many ...
Sister Sean Peters, CSJ '67: Keeping the founding mission aliveThe Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet started a college in Albany devoted to inclusivity, academic excellence, a focus on the whole person, and meeting the needs of the dear neighbor. In 42 years of associat...
Glen Barker '93: A shining star in Golden Knights baseball historyIf beloved coach Bob Bellizzi is known as the individual who paved the way for Saint Rose baseball greatness, Glen Barker is among those best known for realizing Bellizzi’s vision. Arguably the finest leadoff...
Father Christopher DeGiovine: Providing a home for all faithsWhen Father Chris DeGiovine became director of campus ministry in 1989, Saint Rose students worshipped at a Catholic chapel in Saint Joseph Hall. Over time, he came to see that the space was not meeting the nee...
Founders of Sabor Latino: Keeping traditions alive at Saint RoseThe formation of Sabor Latino happened by chance. If Keneth Ribot ‘18, G’20 didn’t run into Michael Lopez ‘18 on the dance floor of a campus event called Orgullo Latino — which celebrates Hispanic cul...
Dr. K. Michael Mathews: From theory, to practice, to connections with the communityProfessor K. Michael Mathews, “Mike” to everyone who knows him, earned his Doctorate of Business Administration from Louisiana Tech University. In addition to conference presentations, his research has appe...
Mark Ylvisaker: A professor driven to help others communicate and feel valuedAt age 9, Danielle Dincauze, who has autism, could not talk or stick with a task for very long. At school, her tantrums became so severe her school expelled her. The same day, however, Saint Rose Professor Mark...
Khia Duncan ‘18: Addressing the needs of the times with a Black Student UnionKhia Duncan ’18, an interdepartmental studies major who combined courses in social work and criminal justice, didn’t set out to start the first Black Student Union on campus. Initially, Duncan was just ...
Jeffrey Beale '77: Honoring a legacy and not losing faithFor Jeffrey Beale ’77, who majored in studio art at Saint Rose and has filled his private studio with his own works, the arts are a necessary part of life. In December 2020, when he heard his alma mater h...
- Catching up with Jessica (Bishop) Leduc ’12: Providing expert behavioral guidance, and loving care, for autism-spectrum-touched families
- Michael Vamosy ’93: Budding artist turned marketing and branding powerhouse
- Catching up with Salvatore DeAngelo G’08: Supporting students to find their voice, protect the environment, and be kind
- Christopher Clarke ’95: from business dreams to a broadcasting career at ESPN
- Catching up with Schuyler Bull ’10, G’10: A checklist of success that never ends
- Catching up with Iris White ’94: Collaboration, conflict management, and caring
- Chad Foster ’17, G’18: Finding answers for others, and himself, through social work
- Eamon Murphy ‘18: Crunching the numbers to find evidence of crime
- Janell Sluga ’85: Finding solutions for seniors and their families
- Catching up with Patrick Cullen ’08, G’09: Bringing business and tech skills together with ‘servant leadership’
- Catching up with Julian Lipinski ‘18: An international student turned world traveler in his finance career
- Dr. Karen Cerosaletti, Ph.D., ’82: Medical researcher gets a chance to give back
- Catching up with Matthias Hackett ’13: A day in the life of a flyfishionado
- Five pieces of career advice from Robert Bellizzi ’10 (and some love for Saint Rose)
- Catching up with Aaron Sitawisha Carter ’73: Maintaining a commitment to activism, even in a pandemic
- Jessica Forbes G’11: How a love of talking led to her perfect career
- Catching up with F. Maxine Fantroy-Ford, Ed.D. ’75: Retirement? What’s that?
- Sara Biancosino ’17: From football to baseball, she’s got all her bases covered
- Catching up with Patricia Kim ’57: Traveling halfway around the world to find her new home
- Sam Crocker ’16 and Nick Menozzi ’17: Golden Knights chemistry translates to career success
- Renee (Gligora) Lista ’02: A focused career goal and the drive to get there
- Catching up with Diana J. Durham, Ph.D., G’77: Not quite ready to fold up her tent
- Wayde Dazelle ’16: Addressing public health inequities through medicine, creativity – and lots of energy
- Catching up with Mike O’Hanlon ’77: A call to give back to his alma mater
- One heart: While 100 years have brought many changes to Saint Rose, our values have remained the same
- Catching up with Sister J. Elizabeth (Betsy) Van Deusen, CSJ, ’84: A calling to serve her community
- David Woodman ’20: A natural aptitude for IT and determination to finish what he’d started
- Ségolène Le Roi Prescott ’20: Finding Meaning in Data Analysis
- Catching up With Deborah Springer ’96: Lab Time Spent on the Fight Against COVID-19
- Samuel Pierre ’14, G’17: Passion for Human Resources Discovered Through an Internship
- Megan-Claire Chase ’99: Drawing on Her Experiences and Challenges to Fight for Cancer Patients
- Catching Up with Tony Paratore ’79: A Burning Passion for Sales
- Catching up with Sue Nigra ’89: Many Career Incarnations but with Communications at Heart
- Dr. Nino Kharaishvili, MD, MBA G’07: Combining Medicine and Business Acumen to Improve Health System Resilience
- Derek Reed ’16: A Love for Connecting Inspires Career in Sales
- Mary Lou Lamb ’55, Saint Rose Alum and Donor, Passes Away at 86
- Father Brian Slezak ’05: Maintaining a Faith Community Remotely Video
- Catching up with Carol Jankunas ’64: Reinventions and Adventures Mark Post-Saint Rose Life
- Saint Rose Alums Reach Out or Work Front Lines During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Saint Rose Education Alums Adapt Creatively to Remote Instruction
- Catching Up with Pamela Chris (Wilber) Howard G’99: Speech Therapist Foundation Is the Mother of Invention
- Alayna Shaw ’13: Keeping Students in School When School Is Online
- Catching Up with Bill Fenner G’07: Developing a Natural Talent for Sales
- Waheera Mardah ’16: Saint Rose Class Leads to Career in Economic Development
- Catching Up with Mary Ellen Jukoski ’73, G’79: The President of Three Rivers Community College Who Still Loves the Classroom
- Randy Hernandez ’07: Scouting for the Nation’s Most Compelling News
- Catching up with Rich Kissane G’90: Beloved Robotics Guru of Albany High
- Steven Gamache G’10: Transformational Teaching Merits Milken Educator Award
- Catching Up with Greta K. Smith G’75: Still Guiding Teachers
- Cecelia Martinez ’11: From Communications to Coding, All with Community in Mind
- Maria Sanchez Gonzalez ’13: From Basketball Player to Nike Buyer, Making Sports a Daily Habit
- Hai Ling ’93: Global Success in Business and a Desire to Give Back to Saint Rose
- Elijah (Eli) Armstrong ’82: Multi-sport Saint Rose Athlete Now Focuses on Career as Tennis Pro
- Brandon Birchak ’08: National Champion Diver Now Uses Skills in Cirque du Soleil Video
- Jason Miller ’94: A Career in Sports That Would Make His Late Coach (and First Investor) Proud Video
- Alexis Williams ’15: Learning Management as a Student-Athlete Translates to U.S. Ski & Snowboard Role
- Jessica Gerski ’13: Player Experiences Prepared Her for the Challenges of the Sports Industry
- Steve Dagostino ’08: Shaping Basketball’s Top Talent
- Tim McAuley ’01: A New Way to Serve
- Sharon Vilardo Maneri ’64, G’69 Honored with 2019 Carondelet Lifetime Achievement Award
- Meet some of the Newest Golden Roses: The Class of 1969
- Sara Biancosino ’17: Saint Rose Internship Leads to Career Touchdown with NFL
- Jesús Valbuena Garcia ’93: A Documentary He Was Born to Make
- Mike Brown G’07: Failing His Way into a Top Coffee Company Video
- Brian Xavier Willis ’15: Bringing His Saint Rose Experiences to Compassionate Law Enforcement
- Dr. Patrice Milos ’80: Using Research and Analytics to Challenge Cancer
- Dr. Patricia Fox ’68: Plastic Surgery with Heart
- Kevin Graber ’92 and Doug Kimbler ’98: Transforming Baseball Programs from the Ground Up Video
- Maureen Conroy ’72: Exploring a Love for Space Through Math Video
- Toshiko ‘Veronica’ Tanaka ’63: Continuing to Inspire Students in Japan
- Marking a decade as our athletic HOME: Christian Plumeri Sports Complex continues to elevate Golden Knights athletics
- Beyond the Games: Men’s Soccer Player Wari Isaac '20
- Garth Joseph Comes Full Circle: Star Athlete Returns to Campus to Finish Degree
- Christine Myers '19: A Bigger Reason to Run Video
Showing their Resilience: The Class of 2021 & 2020
- Meet our graduates: Josh Heller G’21, a communications major turned computer science grad
- Meet our graduates: Gloria Jean G‘21, coming out of retirement to help kids in need
- Meet our graduates: Maja De Garay ‘21, G’21, a future teacher steeped in service learning experience
- Meet our graduates: Krystan Luke G’20, helping children and families through their darkest hours
- Meet our graduates: John Braun ‘20, G’21, seeing his future in numbers
- Meet our graduates: Shariva Reed G’20, a social worker who pivoted to school counseling
- Meet our graduates: Austin Joseph Haley-Berry ’21, a cybersecurity student who found his confidence at Saint Rose
- Meet our graduates: Aileen Burke ‘20, from Poli Sci student to aspiring social worker
Find a Saint Rose Story
Have FUN with Saint Rose coloring pages!
As everyone is adjusting to these new circumstances, we wanted to remind you that we’re all in this together.
From our kitchen tables, home offices and even our couches, Saint Rose is still working hard for our students and for you. So be on the lookout for fun activities, ways to stay safe and how we can help each other.
To kick things off, we thought we’d start with some FUN! We created Saint Rose coloring pages! Kids and kids at heart, take a picture of your finished masterpieces and share them with us.