Required EventClear process for indoor events – 40 attendees or more
Welcome to EventClear, the College’s new process to ensure that students attending non-athletic/non-classroom-related large-scale events have an opportunity to gather safely while having fun socially, career networking, serving, or leading. EventClear takes effect on April 24, 2021. Saint Rose EventClear is used only for indoor events that will host 40 or more attendees.
Proof of a completed vaccine series with last dose occurring more than 14 days prior to the event OR results of a negative COVID test taken 72 hours prior to the event if it’s a PCR test or 6 hours prior to the event if it’s a Rapid Test is required for admission.
If you are planning to provide proof of vaccination (your vaccine card) or off-campus test results, that documentation must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 4 p.m. on the day of the event. If you sign up for on-campus testing in preparation for the event, it is taken care of for you. See more about the free on-campus testing below. Do not show up at the door of the event expecting to get in if you did not follow the EventClear procedure.
HOW TO ATTEND AN EVENT
1. Sign up in advance: You will be required to sign up in advance to attend each event on campus. Sign-up information will be advertised with each event so be on the lookout each week on social media, In The Know, and in on-campus postings.
2. Prove you’re clear: To attend an event, you either have to prove you have been fully vaccinated or get a COVID-19 test in a certain timeframe.
If you’ve had the vaccine: To qualify to use your vaccine or Excelsior Pass for entry, guidelines for immunity are 14 days after the date of your last injection for the series. This means 14 days after your second Pfizer or Moderna dose or 14 days after your first Johnson and Johnson dose. Email proof of vaccination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer to be tested: You can sign up for on-campus testing following the information below. If you are tested on-campus, you do not have to email anything to prove you have been tested. If you are tested off-campus, results must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 4 p.m. the day of the event.
Again, if you are tested on-campus, you do not have to email anything to prove you have been tested. If you are tested off-campus, results must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 p.m. the day of the event.
PCR Testing: Sign up here for the FREE on-campus surveillance test in Saint Joseph Hall Auditorium. Please note: Only tests done on Wednesday will qualify you for Friday and Saturday events of the same week. If you choose not to upload vaccine information, or if you don’t qualify to use the vaccine for admission because of NYS guidelines, then you must test each Wednesday prior to attending an event.
Rapid Testing: For testing on the day of the event, only you can take a Rapid test (PCR results won’t be available in time). Health Services offers a limited number of Rapid Tests, by appointment only, on Fridays so please plan ahead. To schedule a FREE Friday afternoon Rapid test contact Health Services at 518.454.5244.
Off-campus testing: If free Wednesday or Friday testing options don’t work for you, please consult with Health Services for referrals to both free and low-cost off-campus COVID-19 testing services. Again, you will have to email your results to email@example.com no later than 4 p.m. the day of the event.
INFORMATION FOR EVENT PLANNERS
- You will follow the same process for planning your event.
- Further direction and instruction on planning will come from the office you are partnering with (Student Life, Community Service, Student Life, etc.), and the Events Office will work with your group to ensure that you have a successful and safe gathering.
- If your outdoor event has a rain location, you will be subject to the EventClear process.
Discover More Opportunities
You can’t study all the time. Saint Rose has more than 40 energetic clubs and organizations to catch your interest and expand your network of friends. Among them:
- Division II athletics: watch the Golden Knights compete in more than 15 sports.
- Intramurals and fitness: play flag football, volleyball, soccer, or basketball. Hit the pool, gym, or fitness center.
- Clubs: GK Dance Team, Psych Club, Environmental Club, Student Events Board, and ALANA Steppers to name just a few.
- Late Knight events: bingo, trivia, and game nights, laser tag, bowling and other alcohol-free options for evening activities on the weekend.
- Talent showcases and festivals: take part in the 15-Minute Max Video Festival, Cavalcade of Scenes, Garage to Glory, and the Hearst Student Innovation Contest.
- Student Association: lend your voice to the future of Saint Rose through the official student government on campus.
- Readings by famous authors, pickup Frisbee, late-night breakfasts, leadership opportunities…