Are you interested in immersing yourself in a new culture? Learning a new language? Traveling the world? If so, you are in the right place!
From Scotland to South Africa, India to Ireland, Poland to Peru, and Chile to China, Saint Rose students can study a wide range of disciplines in 35 countries:
- Africa: Morocco, South Africa
- Central America: Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico
- North America: Hawaii
- South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru
- Asia: China, India, Japan, Russia, South Korea, Thailand
- Europe: Belgium, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Scotland, Spain, Poland
- Oceania: Australia, Fiji, New Zealand
Take the Next Step
1. Determine Eligibility
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible to study abroad:
- Good academic standing.Saint Rose requires a cumulative GPA of 2.5+ to study abroad, but individual programs may have higher GPA requirements.
- Good disciplinary standing.Students cannot be on disciplinary probation.
- Minimum of 30 credits completed for semester-long study abroad programs or 1 semester completed for FLPs
2. Sign up for VIA-TRM and Research Programs
- Create an Account VIA-TRM and Select Organization: The College of Saint Rose [strose study abroad]
3. Meet One on One with Assistant Director
- Once students have an idea about where they would like to go, they can schedule a meeting to talk further about their program and next steps.
4. Complete All Forms and Applications on VIA-TRM
- Students must complete and submit the Intent to Study form to the Assistant Director of Study Abroad before submitting their Affiliate Partner Application.
- All Intent to Study forms should be submitted by October 1st for spring programs, February 15th for summer, and March 15th for fall.
5. Complete Affiliate Partner Application
6. Attend a Pre-Departure Orientation
- Students who have been accepted and plan to study abroad the following semester must attend a mandatory pre-departure orientation.
- Pre-departure orientations generally take place in December and April. Students will be emailed the exact date/time depending on when they will be studying abroad.
Study Abroad Opportunities
Study abroad opportunities are available for one semester, two semesters, faculty sponsored short-term trips through The College of Saint Rose, and 4-8 week summer sessions.
Through our affiliate partners (below), there are over 100 universities that students can study abroad at:
- International Studies Abroad (ISA): https://studiesabroad.com/ -South Africa, Morocco, China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Belgium, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Peru
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS): https://www.aifsabroad.com/ -Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Chile, China,Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, England, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Russia, South Africa, Spain
- CISabroad: https://www.cisabroad.com/ –Czech Republic, England, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Scotland. Spain, Argentina, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, South Africa
- Foundation for International Education (FIE): http://www.fie.org.uk/ -England
- Regents University: https://www.regents.ac.uk/inbound -England
- University College Cork (UCC): https://www.ucc.ie/en/international/ -Ireland
- Spanish Studies Abroad (SSA): https://www.spanishstudies.org/ -Spain, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Argentina
- Studio Art College International (SACI): https://saci-florence.edu/ -Italy
- Paris School of Business: https://www.psbedu.paris/en/international -France
Students can even take classes that are taught in English in countries where English is not the primary language (i.e. Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, etc.). Even better, several sites offer credit-bearing internships and service learning experiences for students to give them major-specific field experiences.
These partners offer students the opportunity to study abroad all over Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe, and South America. Some programs also allow students to complete an internship while abroad! Refer to the websites above for additional details about program offerings.