Yoga. Prayer. Celebration. Faith services for all. Visit the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary.
Coming to the hubbard interfaith sanctuary this fall:
November 5, 2019 from 12:00-3:30 pm
We can read about poverty. We can study poverty. We can talk about poverty but here is a chance to get inside of the experience of those living below the poverty line. All are welcome to attend the Poverty Simulation where we get inside the lives of the men, women, children and senior citizens who fight to make ends meet.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those going into careers in business, in education, in social work and any career field where you will be working with people who are fighting economic challenges on a daily basis. Certificates will be available for those who participate and a number of faculty will be offering course credit.
Years of past student participants have validated the life-changing nature of this program and what it had to offer them for their future careers and academic pursuits. A few hours of your time will have a huge impact on your life.
Prayer & Meditation
- Mindfulness meditation and relaxation scheduled throughout the semester
- Yoga class: Wednesdays at 7:00 pm and Thursdays at 1:15 pm in the Sanctuary. Classes are free. All levels are welcome to attend.
- Sunday Night College Mass: 6:30 pm at St. Vincent de Paul Church (on the corner of Madison Ave. and Partridge St.)
- Opportunities for Prayer: Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary is open for quiet prayer and reflection from 8:00 am – 10:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday and 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Earthpeace: prayer and reflection for the needs of our planet. Schedule TBA. Contact Ken Scott at 518-458-5359 or email@example.com
- Better Together – Mondays at 7:00 pm in the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary.
This student organization for those from all faith traditions and belief systems, creates a safe space to communicate with others who think differently in a “no judgment zone”. We offer support to the many ways people explore spiritual paths and engage in service as a common ground. Through this, we learn about each other and about ourselves.
- Catholic Student Organization – Mondays at 4:30 pm in the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary. Welcomes students of Catholic faith for conversation, prayer, and service.
- BASIC – Brothers and Sisters in Christ – Tuesdays at 7 pm in the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary Christian student organization sponsored through the Student Association.
- Jewish Student Group: Fridays at 11:30 am in the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary
An opportunity for students to explore their Jewish Faith
- Muslim Student Organization: Contact office of Spiritual Life 518 454-5250 for meeting time
Students of Muslim faith gather for community, service and expanding campus awareness
- Nap Day – Every Wednesday in the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary
Doesn’t everyone need a place to take a break? A nap is a great way to re-set your day. Grab a yoga mat, and a corner in the room and rest.
- Happiness Support Project – Every Wednesday at 4 pm in the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary
Group members increase their skills at bringing happiness into their lives while also managing times when happiness is challenged
- Reach Out Saint Rose: Next year’s date: September 12. 2020!
Reach Out Saint Rose is an amazing tradition at the College, when 800+ Saint Rose students, staff, alumni, family and friends go out into the community and make a difference with a few hours of time and energy. A little bit of our time supports neighborhoods, nursing homes, shelters, community gardens and local social service organizations that do so much to respond to the needs of the people of the Capital Region. Follow this link to learn more about this amazing program!
Celebration of the Seasons:
December 2019 – look for specific date to be announced soon!
Follow us on Facebook to be up to date on the most current events happening in the Office of Spiritual Life