You’ve given the country your best.
You deserve our best.
Whatever branch of the military you’ve served in, your courage, discipline and drive is an inspiration to all of us. That’s why we at Saint Rose are proud to be a veteran-friendly school—named to the Military Friendly School list for nine consecutive years and counting — and one that goes above and beyond to give you support, resources and a community of peers.
From our dedicated Veteran Center to the Saint Rose chapter of Student Veterans of America, we’re committed to helping you develop your unique skills, experiences and perspectives into an education, and career, you will be proud of.
Why Saint Rose?
- We help students use all the veteran benefits available to them, including but not limited to Vocational Rehab (Chapter 31), Montgomery GI Bill® (Chapter 30), Reserve GI Bill® (Chapter 1606), and NYS Veterans’ Tuition Award.
- Yellow Ribbon Program participant: A veteran/dependent who is 100% eligible under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) can attend tuition- and fee-free, as well as get a housing and book allowance.
- We accept up to 15 transfer credits for military training, which includes PE credit from basic training.
- We are an approved work site for the VA Work Study Program, where eligible students can earn an additional $8,000 per academic year by doing work helping other military family members.
- Saint Rose is an anchor site for FourBlock, a national nonprofit program that helps veterans fine-tune their career skills and enlists companies eager to hire them. In the past, companies such as Amazon and Ayco have worked with our veterans.
Connect with Our Student Veterans
Schedule a time to speak with our veteran ambassadors – via Skype or FaceTime or on the phone – they can answer any questions you have about Saint Rose, as well as general questions you have about using your military benefits for your education.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.