At one time or another, you may experience a difficult period in your life. You may feel overwhelmed by the pressures of school, work, finances or relationships. Sometimes it helps to work through these things with someone other than a friend or family member. Counseling is a process of learning about ourselves & learning new ways of coping with life’s challenges with a trained professional in a safe, private & confidential manner.
88% of students indicated that counseling contributed positively to their ability to continue academic work at the college!2016 Counseling Center Satisfaction Survey
The Counseling Center is staffed by 3 full-time NYS Licensed Mental Health Professionals. Supervised doctoral & masters level counseling interns also provide services on a part-time basis. The clinical staff prides itself on providing diverse counseling styles & approaches to meet a student’s individual needs.
Whatever your concern, the Counseling Center will strive to accommodate your unique needs. The Counseling Center offers a range of services to full-time students that are free of charge.
- Individual Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Theme Centered Support Groups
- Workshops & Trainings
- Medication Referrals
- Consultations with Staff & Faculty
- Consultations with Families
- 24-hour Crisis Intervention Services
- Dedicated Campus Service Coordinator from Albany County Crime Victim & Sexual Violence Center
On campus every Monday 3:00pm – 4:30pm, Counseling Center, 3rd Fl., St. Joseph’s Hall
For appointments, please email Yanjingxin.Zhang@albanycountyny.gov; walk-ins are also welcome
- Alcohol and other Drug Assessments
- Grief Counseling
- Mindfulness, Relaxation and Coping Skills Training
- Support for students who have experienced Sexual Assault or Relationship Violence
- Test Anxiety Counseling
- Support and Referrals for Veteran Students
- Sports Psychology for Student Athletes
- Support Resources for Students of Color
- Support for LGBTQ Students
- Wellness and Lifestyle Coaching
- Advice and Guidance on How to Help a Friend
- Light-Box treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder
The Counseling and Psychological Services Center provides short term individual, group, couples and family counseling to meet the personal, social, and educational needs of all full-time students at the College of Saint Rose. The Counseling and Psychological Services Center seeks to promote personal psychological health and wellness and remove obstacles to students academic success. The center also strives to educate the campus community about mental health and wellness issues and to train mental health professionals for employment in the greater community.
The issues you discuss at the Counseling Center stay between you and your counselor. All counseling, consultations, psychological services, and referrals offered by the Counseling Center are kept strictly confidential in accordance with professional, ethical and legal guidelines. Information is not released without your written consent, except in the case of medical emergency or a life-threatening situation.