Currently, there are 100 members of the Schenectady Chapter. We welcome alumni in Schenectady County who are interested in joining.
The Schenectady Chapter of the College of Saint Rose Alumni Association is the oldest chapter, established in 1930 by members of the first graduating class from Saint Rose. It has always been active in supporting the College, volunteering in the community, and providing a place for alumni of the College to gather for social activities, enrichment, and friendship.
The Chapter supports the College and the College Alumni Association through participation in events at the College and support of fundraising projects. In the Schenectady community, the Chapter keeps the name of the College in the forefront through its awarding of the Mother Rose of Lima Language Award, a $100 Award, which is presented to one junior or senior language student in each of nine area high schools. The J. Raymond Quinn, Jr. Award, currently a $1,500 Award, is given to an incoming Saint Rose Freshman from one of the schools in Schenectady County. The recipient is presented with the award at our annual June brunch.
Community Involvement: Dominican Retreat and Conference Center in Niskayuna – we help with their mailings five times a year.
All alumni, spouses, and guests are welcome at any of our events.
Events will be scheduled as soon as safely permissible.
- Co-President: Mary Sager ’62
- Co-President: Carol Wege ’80, G’82
- Vice President: Heather Gray ’85
- Secretary: Lorraine Astemborski G’90
- Treasurer: Nina Whitney ’64
- Past President: Sharon Maneri ’64, G’69
- Directors: Barbara Czech ’76, Marguerite Pileggi ‘72, Marlene Mauriello ’67, G’73, Terry Jewell ’76
- Committee Chairs:
- Condolences – Midge Consler ’63, G’67
- J. Raymond Quinn, Jr. Award – Lorraine Astemborski G’90
- Mother Rose of Lima Awards – Marguerite Pileggi ’72
- DRCC Volunteers – Sharon Maneri ’64, G’69
- Chapter Historian – Sharon Maneri ’64, G’69
- Webmaster – Mary Lang ’83