Currently, there are 100 members of the Schenectady Chapter. We welcome alumni in Schenectady County who are interested in joining.
The Schenectady Chapter of the College of Saint Rose Alumni Association is the oldest chapter, established in 1930 by members of the first graduating class from Saint Rose. It has always been active in supporting the College, volunteering in the community and providing a place for alumni of the College to gather for social activities, enrichment and friendship.
The Chapter supports the College and the College Alumni Association through participation in events at the College and support of fund raising projects. In the Schenectady community the Chapter keeps the name of the College in the forefront through its awarding of the Mother Rose of Lima Language Award, a $100 Award, which is presented to one junior or senior language student in each of nine area high schools. The J. Raymond Quinn, Jr. Award, currently a $1,500 Award, is given to an incoming Saint Rose Freshman from one of the schools in Schenectady County. The recipient is presented the award at our annual June Brunch.
Community Involvement: Dominican Retreat and Conference Center in Niskayuna – we help with their mailings five times a year.
All alumni, spouses and guests are welcome at any of our events.
Thursday, September 27 at 7:00 p.m. – Membership Get-Together
Wednesday, November 7 at 7:00 p.m. – Board Meeting
Sunday, December 2 at 4:00 p.m. – Christmas Party, Waters Edge Lighthouse
Wednesday, February 6 at 7:00 p.m. – Board Meeting
Saturday, March 30 at 4:00 p.m. – Laetare Mass & Dinner
Wednesday, April 3 at 7:00 p.m. – Board Meeting
Tuesday, May 1 at 7:00 p.m. – General Meeting & Election
Sunday, June 9 at 11:00 a.m. – June Brunch, Edison Club, Rexford
August TBA, Post Time 1:00 p.m. – Day at the Races
Click here to view our chapter website and for information to RSVP for events.
- Co-President: Sharon Vilardo Maneri ’64, G’69
- Co-President: Heather Gray ’85
- Vice President: Latefa Lang ’76
- Secretary: Lorraine Astemborski G’90
- Treasurer: Nina Sisto Whitney ’64
- Past President: Midge Consler ’63, G’67
- Directors: Marianne Cristello ’69, G’72, Marlene Mauriello ’67, G’73, Mary Sager ’62, Linda Tegiacchi ’86
- Committee Chairs:
- Condolences – Midge Consler ’63, G’67
- J. Raymond Quinn, Jr. Award – Lorraine Astemborski G’90
- Mother Rose of Lima Awards – Marguerite Pileggi ’72
- DRCC Volunteers – Sharon Maneri ’64, G’69
- Chapter Historian – Sharon Maneri ’64, G’69
- Webmaster – Mary Lang ’83