Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

  • The 2024-25 is available here.
  • Please list the new institution you are applying to, and if the student is going to take a Summer 1 course(s), please list The College of Saint Rose (002705).

If you are still determining where you will apply, complete the FAFSA and enter our school code.

You can go back in and add additional school(s) later.

Not all private Colleges/Universities in New York State participate. The institution you are applying to would need to join for this award to continue. Please use this link for a list of participating schools.

Yes, as long as the student is a full-time student and is meeting satisfactory academic progress.

In the Teach-Out Agreements, the new institution will do its best to provide you with the same scholarship/financial aid. However, this is not a guarantee.

The Teacher Housing Grant will not be available at another College/University.

No. The student must apply and be accepted to the new institution. All scholarships will be based on their financial aid policies.

Student-athletes would need to work with the coach at the new college to determine if an athletic scholarship is available. There is no guarantee.

As you know, on November 30, 2023, The College of Saint Rose announced that it will cease academic instruction in June after the end of the 2023-2024 academic year. Due to the planned closure of the College, we are sharing information regarding the U.S. Department of Education’s closed school loan discharge process.

You may be eligible for discharge of your federal student loans if you were enrolled at the time the College closes or the College closes within 180 days after you withdrew. Students who graduate or complete their degree before the closure, withdraw more than 180 days before the school closes, or complete a comparable program are not eligible for a federal student loan discharge. The U.S. Department of Education makes all eligibility determinations.

You can find additional information about closed-school discharge here.

After the College closes, if you wish to apply for a federal student loan discharge, you must submit an application to your loan servicer(s). If you meet the eligibility requirements for a closed school discharge, your loan holder will automatically send you an application. You can also contact your loan servicer(s) directly to obtain an application. Applications should only be filed after the College closes after the Summer 1 session.  

If you need to know who your federal student loan servicer is, you can look up that information here. Contact information for the loan services for federal student loans is below.

Please get in touch with your loan servicer for specific questions about federal student loan discharge.

Private Education loans will not be forgiven.

The Financial Aid Office will continue to assist all students through the Summer 1 session. Don’t hesitate to contact the office by e-mail at or by phone at 518-458-5464 to schedule e an appointment.

The student would need to work with the Financial Aid Office at the new institution. Once they are accepted and submit all required financial aid paperwork, they will receive a Spring 24 decision. The new College is not required to match the Saint Rose decision.

  • Undergraduate students. The charges per credit during summer and winter are discounted, and college scholarships/grants are not offered. However, you may qualify for federal financial aid. Please complete the 2024-25 FAFSA once it is available.
  • Graduate students. As long as you meet your scholarship/grant requirements, you can continue receiving it in the summer session.

The student will need to fill out the 2024-25 TAP application using this link.