Skip to Main Content

Whether a new or returning student, choosing a place to call home for the next academic year is an important decision. We will guide you through the process.

Housing on campus is available to students enrolled in full-time undergraduate and graduate programs. Generally, students must be at least 17 years of age, enrolled full time in an undergraduate program, and remain academically engaged at The College of Saint Rose to live in College-provided housing. A student whose course load falls below full-time status should contact the Office of Residence Life for permission to remain a resident.

Other exceptions will be granted on a space available basis. In order to maintain a positive learning and social environment, the College reserves the right to deny housing to any individual who is determined to be a potential risk to the comfort and wellbeing of other residents.

With the many living environments our campus offers, we want to help you feel most comfortable as a resident student.  If you are not satisfied with your residence hall or room, we encourage you to submit a room change request through MyHousing and we will work to honor requests as space allows.  We cannot guarantee that all requests will be honored.  If a vacancy occurs in your room during the semester or break periods, we will assign a student who has submitted a room change request or a new student who is joining our campus community to the space in your room.  We ask that you welcome a new roommate to your room and assist them settle in to this new space.

Two-Year Residency Requirement

First-year, full-time students are required to live on campus for their first two years attending Saint Rose.  First-year students who wish to live off campus must apply to be exempted from this requirement prior to the start of the academic year.  Exemption requests will be considered on a case by case basis for students who:

  • Live with and are commuting daily from the legal residence of a parent, legal guardian, grandparent, or other immediate family member within a 40 mile driving distance from the College;
  • Are married; or
  • Have and live with their children.

If a student has documented special needs, the Office of Residence Life will provide the most reasonable and appropriate on-campus housing assignment, in consultation with the applicable Saint Rose office(s).

All students residing in Saint Rose residence halls (except meal plan optional residence halls, Centennial Hall or other college-owned apartments) are required to select one of the College’s meal plans.  Students who have special dietary needs should contact Dining Services to learn what options are available for them.

Housing Assignments for New Students

Information about the housing assignment process, roommate matching, and deadlines.

More Info

Room Reservation for Returning Students

Information about the housing lottery system for current on-campus as well as off-campus students.

More Info

Housing for Graduate/Dual Degree Students

Information about on-campus housing available for graduate and dual degree students.

More Info