The College pays a portion of the monthly premium amount for you to participate in our plan, administered by MVP. Coverage begins on the first of the month following your date of hire. Employees may elect coverage for themselves and dependents. There are two plan options from which to chose; co-pays and rates will vary depending upon the plan option. Here are some highlights:
- Physician Office Visits – covered after $15/$25 co-pay
- Hospital Inpatient/Outpatient – 100% covered
- Prescription Drug – Retail: $10-$40 co-pay; Mail Order: $20-$80 co-pay (3 month supply)
- Vision – exams, contacts, and glasses every 24 months
The College pays 50% of the premium for you to participate. Coverage begins on the first day of the month following date of hire. Employees may elect coverage for themselves and dependents. Here are some highlights:
- Preventative/Basic Services – 80% coverage, per plan details
- Major Services – 50% coverage, per plan details
- Orthodontia Services – 50% coverage, per plan detail
You are eligible for income protection in the event an extended illness temporarily does not allow you to work. Faculty and administrators are also eligible for long term disability coverage. The College pays 100% of the premium for these plans.
After one year of employment, you will receive life insurance coverage equal to twice the amount of your annual salary (to a maximum of $100,000). The College pays 100% of the premium.
The College offers two plans; participation is determined based on your job classification, as follows:
- Administrator/Faculty – After one year of service, you may begin participation in our 403(b) plan through TIAA-CREF. The College may contribute a discretionary match to your 5% contribution.
- Staff/Hourly – After one year of service, you may begin participation in our defined benefit plan, which is funded by the College. You are fully vested after seven years.
- All eligible employees may contribute on a pretax basis to a Supplemental Retirement Plan through TIAA-CREF.
Paid Time Off
Plans vary depending on your job classification, but in general, all employees may take advantage of these opportunities to relax, recuperate, or attend to personal business:
- Holiday – 12.5 scheduled days plus “floating” days
- Vacation – you begin to earn time toward your annual vacation accrual on your date of hire
- Sick Leave – in the event of your illness; carry over provisions apply
- Bereavement Leave – up to a maximum of five days
You, as well as your spouse and dependents, are encouraged to enrich your knowledge and educational background by participating in our Tuition Remission program, as follows:
- After six months of employment – you may take two courses per semester, 80% tuition free
- After one year of employment – your eligible dependents may take courses at 50% tuition remission
- After two years of employment – your eligible dependents may take courses at 80% tuition free