Your Golden Knighs ID Card
- Your Golden Knights ID card should be carried with you at all times as it is your official college ID and campus access card. The card and associated accounts are non-transferable.
- Your initial Golden Knights Card is issued at no charge. However, if your card is lost or damaged due to negligence, you will be charged $30.00 to replace it.
- DO NOT punch a hole or slot in your card. If you do so and your card becomes disabled, you will be charged the replacement fee of $30.00.
- Your card is valid for as long as you are a member of The College of Saint Rose community. The functionality of the card becomes void upon termination or interruption of enrollment.
How To Obtain Your Golden Knights ID Card
- To obtain your official College of Saint Rose ID card, you must appear in person to the Golden Knights Card Office.
- You will need some sort of photo identification: driver’s license, government issued ID, military ID or passport.
- There is no charge for the initial card; however, a fee is charged for replacements cards. If a card is deemed to have a malfunction that is not due to neglect, it must be surrendered to the Golden Knights Card Office at which time it will be replaced at no charge.
- You are responsible for caring for your card. Cards are essentially the property of the College and may be confiscated, if used in a way other than intended, as stated in the card policy.
What Is Golden Knights Kash
- Your Golden Knights Kash account is an accumulated prepaid declining balance account attached to your Golden Knights Card.
- This account is not associated with the “Dining Dollars” account which you receive when you open an on campus meal plan.
- With this account, money can be deposited onto your card, allowing you to use it like a debit card in a number of locations on campus.
- This card allows you to experience the comfort and safety of not having to carry cash, checks or credit cards for purchases as your travel between classes.
Although this account acts like a debit card, there are some differences.
- The money that can be debited from your account is strictly predetermined by the amount you deposit.
- No transactions will be processed once you have exhausted the balance on your account.
- The cards may only be used on campus.
- No cash withdrawals can be made from the card. The card may not be used to purchase tobacco, alcohol, or firearms.
- You are in total control of your Golden Knights account 24 hours/7 days a week with the Golden Knights Card Center.
Golden Knights ID Card Functions
- Meal Card – The wide stripe on the back of your card is encoded with your meal plan. This allows you to enter the Main Dining Hall on the second floor of the Events and Athletics Center, as well as make purchases at the other dining facilities on the campus. To find out more about the dining facilities, daily menus, and meal plan options, go to Campus Dining.
- Door Access – Your Golden Knights Card is actually your “key” to campus. At various locations throughout campus, card readers have been installed to allow an individual’s access to areas while leaving these locations secured from intruders and those not part of the Saint Rose community. Access levels are based on your residence, registration and major. All College of Saint Rose housing is secured with card access control. As you attempt to enter an area with access control, you pass your card in front of the reader. You will hear a beep and the indicator light will turn green. At this time you will hear a click which will unlock the door for entry. The door will remain unlocked for a few seconds after which it will return to its locked position.
- Library Card – The barcode on the back of your Golden Knights Card allows full access including resource materials for the Neil Hellman Library and the Patricia Standish Curriculum Library. For first time use, you will need to present your card at the circulation desk to have it activated to allow complete library privileges.
- Transportation Services – Use your card to ride the College Shuttle services between designated campus locations or CDTA bus service.
- Print Center – Students and employees can use the Golden Knights Card and Golden Knights Kash at any of the various print and copy locations located throughout the campus. All students are given an allotment of free prints. After these free prints are depleted, you can use Golden Knights Kash to make additional purchases.
Where You Can Use Your Golden Knights Card
With a Golden Knights Kash account, you can use your card for purchases at any of the on-campus dining locations just like “Dining Dollars”.
- Brubacher Cafe
- Camelot Room
- Lally Cafe
- Main Dining Hall
But unlike Dining Dollars, Golden Knights Kash can be used at the Campus Store to purchase books, supplies, or Saint Rose apparel or memorabilia, as well as at various print and copy machines located throughout the campus.
What Your Golden Knights ID Card Looks Like
- The number directly below your name is your ID number. You will need this number to access certain applications on campus.
- The barcode on the back of the card is used for library services (it must be activated at one of the library circulation desks to allow complete library privileges). The large magnetic stripe on the back of the card is encoded with the user information associated to your meal plan and Golden Knights Kash account.
- The entire card is an antenna which when waved in front of a reader will allow access to designated individuals according to their current academic status.
Caring For Your Golden Knights ID Card
Treat your Golden Knights Card with the same care that you would your personal credit cards.
- Punch a hole in your card
- Keep near a cell phone or electronic equipment
- Use if bent, defaced, broken, taped or has curled edges (attempt to use a damaged card may result in damaging the card reader)
Individuals are responsible for safeguarding their Golden Knights Card, and taking reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorized use. Your card is made to last, with normal usage, for the entire time you are a member of the Saint Rose community. It is recommended that you keep your card in a protective case.
Lost, Stolen, Or Damaged Golden Knights ID Card
The cardholder is responsible for reporting a card as lost or stolen.
- The report must be made immediately to the Golden Knights Card Office during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at 518.485.3945.
- If your card is lost or stolen during non-business hours make sure that a report is made to Security at 518.454.5187.
- To deactivate your card online, 24 hours/7 days a week, log on to the Golden Knights Card Center. Simply go to the “Suspend Card” tab and click “Put Card on Hold”.
- To re-activate your card, you will need to appear in person with your card, at the Golden Knights Card Office, Saint Joseph Hall.
- If the card is deemed to have a malfunction that is not due to neglect, it must be surrendered to the Golden Knights Card Office at which time it will be replaced at no charge.
Replacing Your Golden Knights ID Card
- To replace a lost or stolen card, a cardholder must appear in person at the Golden Knights Card Office, Saint Joseph Hall.
- There is a $30.00 charge to replace a Golden knights Card which will be assessed to your student account.
- Once the card has been replaced the old card is no longer valid and CANNOT be reactivated.
- Any cards that have been found after replacement has been issued should be destroyed.
Manage Your Golden Knights Card
You can now manage your Golden Knights account 24 hours/7 days a week, from where ever you want. Simply log on using your Saint Rose username and password.
- Account Activity – Enables you to review your current account balance as well as recent deposits and expenditures.
- Account Information – View account information including Golden Knights Kash, Dining Dollars, Extra Dining Dollars, and printing credits.
- Add Value – Use MasterCard, Visa, or Discover to add value to your Golden Knights Kash account.
- Share Account Access – Give access to parents and guests. To balance the need for cardholder privacy with the desire of many students and parents to have shared account access, the Saint Rose Card Program has created the “Guest User” feature. This gives cardholders the ability to grant account access to another individual, usually a parent, so that value can easily be added to the Golden Knights account.
- Suspend Card – Report your card lost, stolen, or damaged. It will immediately become deactivated and the value will transfer to a new card.