Except for residence halls, most facilities are open when classes are in session. During the hours the College is officially closed, College buildings are locked and only students and employees with proper ID are admitted. Residence hall doors are always kept locked and are accessible only to students living in that building. Resident Directors and Resident Assistants live in the residence halls and are on-call 24 hours/7 days a week.
This service is provided to both Picotte Hall (Center for Art & Design) and Brubacher Hall.
- Hours of Operation – 7 days week throughout the semester
- Shuttle Stop – located at the rear of the Lally Building (1009 Madison Avenue), with stops at Brubacher Hall and Picotte Hall.
Emergency blue light phones are located on campus walkways and in parking lots around campus. They can be used to contact Security in an emergency situation or to request a security escort.
In the event that the College delays opening or closes due to an emergency or winter weather conditions, an announcement will be communicated by the media sources listed below, as well as on the College website (www.strose.edu) and on Blackboard (strose.blackboard.com). Closing information will also be communicated via the Rave Alert System and will be posted on the emergency closing phone line at 518.458.5377. (If you have not enrolled for, but wish to receive, RAVE alerts via a text message, you may enroll through the Personal Information section in Banner Self-Service.)
The following delayed opening and closing options may be implemented by the College.
- Closing – In the event of a closing, the announcement will indicate whether both classes and College offices are closed. If College offices are closed, employees in essential departments (for example, Facilities, Security, Campus Dining) will report.
- Closing Early – Classes are cancelled and offices may be closed beginning at the time specified in the announcement. Classes scheduled to begin after the time specified will not meet. The announcement will indicate whether both classes and College offices are closed. Employees in essential departments will report.
- Delayed Opening – Classes are cancelled and offices may be closed until the time specified in the announcement. Classes scheduled to begin prior to the time specified will not meet. If office opening is delayed, employees in essential departments will report.
The College attempts to make closing or delayed opening decisions as far in advance as possible, but delays in securing information or the timing of the arrival of a storm often makes meeting this goal a difficult challenge. For a full day closing or delayed opening, the College strives to ensure that the announcement is communicated no later than 6:30am.
In deciding whether or not to close or delay opening, the prime consideration is the safety of students/employees both in traveling to the College and in traveling around the campus. However, weather conditions in the Capital District can be quite variable. For example, while a cold rain may be falling on campus, areas to the north may be experiencing a significant ice storm. Students and employees should use their own judgment in determining whether or not their route to the College is safe to travel.
- WRGB CHANNEL 6 (TV)
- Capital News 9 CHANNEL 9 (TV)
- WTEN CHANNEL 10 (TV)
- WNYT CHANNEL 13 (TV)
- WXXA CHANNEL 23 (TV)
- WGY 810 AM
- WFLY 92.3 FM
- WYJB 95.5 FM
- WRVE 99.5 FM
- WGNA 107.7 FM
- The Daily Gazette
- The Post Star
- The Saratogian
- The Times Union
Security officers provide campus escorts 24 hours/7 days a week to students and staff upon request. Members of the campus community may also contact Security from off-campus to arrange for an escort when they arrive at the Saint Rose campus.
Physical and mental wellness plays a critical role in the success of students. The College of Saint Rose recognizes the importance of providing support, when needed, through our Counseling Services and Health Center.
- If you would like to report an issue to Student Affairs for further follow-up, please download and complete the statement form and bring it to the Office of Student Affairs, Suite 210 in the Events and Athletics Center.
ID cards are issued through the Golden Knights Card Center which is located in the Student Solution Center, Saint Joseph Hall, 3rd floor. Your Golden Knights ID Card should be carried with you at all times as it is your official College ID and campus access card.
The Department of Safety and Security oversees the parking and transportation services on the Saint Rose campus.
In order to be notified of weather-related closing of the College and other emergencies, employees and students are advised to enter their contact information into the RAVE Alert System available under the “Personal Information” heading in Banner:
- Go to http://bannerweb.strose.edu
- Click on Login to Secure Area and log in
- Click on Personal Information
- Click RAVE Alert. This brings up your user’s profile
- To receive text messages, click “add” on Mobile Phones, and add number. Be sure to include a “1” and the area code. Click “Save”
- To update for voice messages on land lines, click “add” on Voice Only Contacts and add number. Be sure to include a “1” and the area code. Click “Save”
The Security Advisory Committee includes administrators, faculty, staff and students who examine policy and procedures and make recommendations to maintain the safest environment possible.
The College requires that all accidents or unusual occurrences on-campus be reported to Campus Security, as the Campus Security office maintains Accident/Injury Reports and utilizes these records to develop strategies to reduce crime and unsafe conditions on-campus. Accident/Injury Reports are reviewed regularly by the Campus Safety Committee and Crime/Incident Reports are reviewed regularly by the Security Advisory Committee.
Regularly scheduled shuttle service is not available during the summer break. If you need transportation to/from Picotte Hall, please use CDTA transportation services.
This service has been implemented to give Saint Rose students and staff living off-campus a safe ride home from class or work, rather than walk alone.
- Hours of Operation – Monday through Friday 7:00 pm – 1:00 am.
- Service Area
- Northern Boundary – Central Avenue
- Western Boundary – Brevator Street
- Southern Boundary – New Scotland Avenue
- Eastern Boundary – Lark Street