The Emergency Management Team (EMT) would function in the same roles that a Multi-Agency Coordination Group does under the National Incident Management System (NIMS) framework. The group will receive information from the Emergency Operations Group and make policy determinations regarding response actions. The EMT members are the President, Vice President for Student Affairs, Vice President for Strategic Communications, Associate Vice President for Human Resources, Director of Safety & Security, Dean of Math and Sciences, and the Chair of The Emergency Operation’s Group (as needed or available).
- Approve overall priorities & strategies
- Approves public information reports & instructions
- Provides for counseling and spiritual intervention
- Liaison with governments & external organizations
Notification of Emergencies
- Broadblast Messages are sent via cellular telephones, voice mails, text messages and e-mail systems
- Campus Public Address System
- Alerts are broadcast over the Emergency Blue Light Call boxes
- The College Emergency Operation’s Information Telephone Line 518-454-4321
Alerts are sent via local television and radio stations.