Health Service Information
Beginning Tuesday, September 3, 2019 the clinic is open during the Fall and Spring semesters, Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., and Fridays 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. with the following coverage:
- Laura Maciariello, FNP: Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Marilyn VanAmburgh, FNP: Fridays 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Vincent Zeccola, MD: Available with limited hours each month.
The Health Service offers appointments to see the Doctor or Nurse Practitioner between 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. We offer walk-in hours between 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. and students will be seen on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Doctor or Nurse Practitioner leaves promptly at the end of clinic hours, so it is important to plan ahead and arrive early to see them.
All students registered for six or more credits, who have paid a health service fee, are eligible to use Health Services.
Students who are not enrolled in the College insurance remain eligible to use Health Services.
- Evaluation and treatment for illness
- First aid for non-life threatening injuries
- Diagnostic testing – throat cultures, urinalysis and mono testing
- Assistance with visits to specialists
- Personal health education
The Health Service does not provide allergy injections.
There is no additional charge for services provided in the Health Service, but you assume financial responsibility for all outside medical services such as visits to specialists, prescription drugs, ambulance transportation, emergency room visits and laboratory work sent off campus.
If you are on-campus, in need of medical attention and the Health Service is closed or you are not able to make it there, you should contact your RA, Residence Life Professional Staff, or Security by calling 518-454-5187.
- You will be assisted in getting medical attention at either an urgent care center or the ER
- Taxi vouchers are available, or if necessary, an ambulance will be called
If you are off-campus and you need immediate medical attention, call 911 or visit one of the local urgent care centers.