In the Media
Music Industry Learning Objectives
- Students will understand the elements of musical style, recognizing significant trends, musicians, theorists, literature, and external influences from antiquity to the present.
- Students increase their ability to aurally recognize the fundamental elements of music.
- Students will demonstrate a mastery of a body of repertoire in performance, as well as in written and recorded mediums.
- Students will create a body of musical repertoire.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the various components comprising the music industry and the process of bringing a musical product to the marketplace.
- Students will produce technically and musically satisfactory recordings.
- Students will display command of various music production tools.