About Your STROSE Username/Password
Your Strose Username is as follows:
Your last name (or a number of characters from your last name) + the first letter of your first name + the last three digits of your Strose ID.
Example of Strose Username:
smithj789 for John Smith with Strose ID 123456789.
Password: Your birthday in MMDDYY format. Should be changed once you receive your account information.
Password Complexity Requirement:
The main reason e-mail accounts get compromised is that people use easy to guess passwords. In order to reduce SPAM, phishing, and other internet hazards, ITS requires that your network password be complex.
All passwords must include the following characteristics:
- It cannot contain significant portions of the user’s account name or full name
- It must be at least eight characters in length
- It must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- Uppercase characters (A-Z)
- Lowercase characters (a-z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (e.g. !,$,#,%)
Change your password options:
- Log into a campus PC, press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select “Change Password”.
- Log into the password reset site at https://pwdreset.strose.edu.
- Go to Technology Support Services Desk with photo ID.
About Your STROSE ID/PIN
Your Strose ID is a 9 digit number that uniquely identifies you. This number is mostly used for administrative purposes, but you will need it to access your Bannerweb Portal. To access the Bannerweb Portal, you need your Strose ID and a PIN number.
Your PIN is not the same as an “alternate PIN” which is given to you each semester by your advisor, in order to register for classes.
PIN Number: Your birthday in MMDDYY format. You will be prompted to change it after your initial login to Bannerweb.