How can I find out if I’m eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs lists the following information:
You may be eligible if you fit the following circumstances:
- You served an aggregate period of 36 months in active duty after Sept. 10, 2001
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after Sept. 10, 2001.
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on the service eligibility criteria listed above.
How can I apply for my VA education benefits?
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs suggests the following:
- Go to https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/ and apply today.
- Visit your nearest VA regional office to apply in person.
- Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you.
If you have any questions about the application process, please reach out to our Director of Veteran Enrollment Marty Dinan for guidance/help with the application. You can reach Marty at 518-458-5364.
How can I apply to The College of Saint Rose?
Can I transfer my benefits to my spouse or children?
According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the transferability option under the Post-9/11 GI Bill allows Service members to transfer all or some unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children. Click here to find out how.