FAQs About the Yellow Ribbon Program at Saint Rose
You may be eligible if you fit the following circumstances according to The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:
- You served an aggregate period of 36 months in active duty after Sept. 10, 2001
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after Sept. 10, 2001.
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on the service eligibility criteria listed above.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® can provide veterans with a Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) while they go to school.
Saint Rose has a newly renovated Veteran Residence, where veterans can utilize their Monthly Housing Allowance, often with money to spare.
Live there year-round with other veterans — and only other veterans. And put your mind at ease about furniture; cable, internet, or heating costs; or change for the washer and dryer — it’s included in the house.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs suggests the following:
- Go to https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/ and apply today.
- Visit your nearest VA regional office to apply in person.
- Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you.
If you have any questions about the application process, please reach out to our Director of Veteran Enrollment Marty Dinan for guidance/help with the application. Marty can be reached by phone at 518-458-5364.
In some cases, yes. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the transferability option under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® allows service members to transfer all or some unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children. Click here to find out how.