Skip to Main Content

Yellow Ribbon Program

The College of Saint Rose is proud to be a Yellow Ribbon School.

By participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program, the College has entered into a partnership with the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) to partially or fully fund tuition and fee expenses outlined in the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33).

Under the Post 9/11 GI Bill, a veteran or family member of a veteran who is 100 percent eligible can attend Saint Rose tuition- and fee-free, as well as get a housing and book allowance.

Unlike many institutions, Saint Rose has no cap on our Yellow Ribbon Program, making up for costs not covered by the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government Website at

FAQs About the Yellow Ribbon Program at Saint Rose

You may be eligible if you fit the following circumstances according to The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs:

  • You served an aggregate period of 36 months in active duty after Sept. 10, 2001
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after Sept. 10, 2001.
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on the service eligibility criteria listed above.

Visit the VA website to learn more.

The Post-9/11 GI Bill® can provide veterans with a Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) while they go to school.

Saint Rose has a newly renovated Veteran Residence, where veterans can utilize their Monthly Housing Allowance, often with money to spare.

Live there year-round with other veterans — and only other veterans. And put your mind at ease about furniture; cable, internet, or heating costs; or change for the washer and dryer — it’s included in the house.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs suggests the following:

  1. Go to and apply today.
  2. Visit your nearest VA regional office to apply in person.
  3. Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you.

If you have any questions about the application process, please reach out to our Director of Veteran Enrollment Marty Dinan for guidance/help with the application. Marty can be reached by phone at 518-458-5364.

In some cases, yes. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the transferability option under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® allows service members to transfer all or some unused benefits to their spouse or dependent children. Click here to find out how.

The head of our Veteran Center and Director of Veteran Enrollment Marty Dinan.


Phone: 518-458-5364

Visit our admissions page here or call Director of Veteran Enrollment Marty Dinan for more information.


Phone: 518-458-5364

Request More Info - Vets

Request More Info