The underlying philosophy at The College of Saint Rose is that of self-advocacy and increasing awareness of those around us.
This program serves individuals who have sustained a traumatic brain injury, a stroke or another neurologic event that has interfered with communication.
What makes our program unique is that we pair each person with a CSD graduate student clinician who provides meaningful individualized speech therapy addressing goals identified by the client. The primary focus is to allow the person to resume living their life that is important to them.
As a result of this philosophy, we believe we are impacting a person’s quality of life, their physical and mental health, as well as reducing the rate of burnout for the family as they try to adjust to this new life of little support.
Our Services are Available to:
- Individuals served by the New York State-Department of Health TBI-Medicaid Waiver Services
- Private Paying Clients looking for longer term support after discharge from outpatient services
What We Offer:
- A Structured Day Program.
- Individual therapy guided by a functional approach.
- Group therapy sessions aimed at improving an individual’s ability to communicate and connect with others who are experiencing similar challenges.
- Mother of a Survivor
- Wife of a Survivor
Letters to Survivors
- Writing groups
- Communication Support Groups
- Book Club and Reading Groups
- PEPTalks Group
- Current Events Groups
- Counseling Groups
- Healthy Living Groups
- and more!
If you, or someone you know is interested in the program, please contact:
Director of Neuro Services Program
We will get back in touch with you to set up an individual meeting and a tour in order to determine if this program is right for you.