The College of Saint Rose is home to students from more than 35 countries, with the list growing every year. In addition to their academic work, our international students play an active role in our campus community. When you ask an international student at Saint Rose what makes their experience a special one, they will tell you it is the quality of relationships that they build with people – their professors, classmates, colleagues at their internships, and others throughout the Albany area.
START YOUR APPLICATION TODAY
Application Requirements for International Undergraduates:
- Undergraduate application form – Apply online with the Quick and Personal Application for Admissions. Create a new account and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Official high-school or university transcript – send us a scanned copy of your high school documents and we will let you know whether an additional evaluation is needed. You can bring the original documents to campus when you enroll.
- Demonstration of English proficiency: Send us your TOEFL or IELTS scores. Minimum scores are 80 for the TOEFL (iBT version) and 5.5 for the IELTS. Students with lower scores may be eligible for the ESL Program beginning in the Fall, Spring or Summer term.
- One letter of recommendation – The recommendation should be written by a teacher, guidance counselor, or coach who knows you personally and is familiar with your academic abilities.
- An essay or graded paper – Send a copy of an essay or graded paper that you wrote in English. The essay may include information describing who you are, your academic and extracurricular experiences and goals, and why you would like to come to Saint Rose.
- SAT – International Students are not required to take the SAT.
- Other test scores – If you have taken Advanced Placement (AP) International Baccalaureate (IB), or other internationally recognized tests, you may be eligible for transfer credit toward your degree. Please send the scores with your other documents.
International Student FAQ's
Find more information about Saint Rose
Frequently Asked Questions about our educational philosophy, the application process, visa issues, and resources offered to international students.