Choose Saint Rose for your educational leadership certification
As an educational leader, you rise to multiple challenges every day – from keeping employees and students safe and productive, to working with ever-changing resources.
With a theory-to-practice curriculum and expert faculty who have experience in the field, we’ve designed our graduate programs to equip you with the essential, cutting-edge knowledge and skills you need to be a successful school leader. And we offer our programs in a convenient, flexible format to fit your situation and busy schedule.
The Thelma P. Lally School of Education at The College of Saint Rose is known for producing outstanding, sought-after educational leaders, so consider launching the next phase of your career with us.
What our programs have in common:
- Receive unparalleled instruction from our experienced, expert faculty
- Study advanced coursework developed for future leaders
- Attend in multiple modalities – including synchronous and asynchronous remote learning – to maintain continuity throughout the program
- Access scholarships or membership discounts that make our programs among the most affordable among independent colleges in New York state.
- Work closely with a cohort of talented, diverse peers
- Benefit from a customized internship experience to ensure you can contribute immediately on day one
- Join a powerful, regional and national network of some of the best school leaders in the country
Choose the program that best fits your career goals
Our programs are for academic coordinators, principals, superintendents, and administrative professionals working in any capacity in a school or district, as well as for teachers who wish to move into administration. In addition, our SDBL program invites professionals from outside education to explore the possibility of using their talents in school finance.
School Building Leader (SBL) Options
If you wish to be an educational leader in a school-building or school-district environment, our programs allow you to attend any class in any of three ways: in person, via livestream, or online.
- M.S.Ed. in educational leadership and administration (36 credits) – for those without an M.S.Ed.
- SBL certificate of advanced standing (24 credits) – for candidates with an M.S.Ed. degree
School District Leader (SDL) Certification
If you aspire to leadership in a school-building or school-district environment, and hold an M.S.Ed. degree, earn a:
- Certificate in school district leadership (6-39 credits) – this program encompasses the SBL)
School District Business Leader (SDBL) Options
If you’re interested in a business career in a school district, Saint Rose offers two options:
- SDBL certificate of advanced standing (24 credits, fully online) – for candidates who have earned an M.S.Ed.
- SDBL CAS + MBA (60 credits) – earn your MBA at the renowned Huether School of Business while earning your certificate, and enjoy the flexibility of attending classes in person, via livestream, or online
Contact Us Now
Of course, if you have any questions, please reach out. We’re here to help.
Dr. Deborah Shea