Learn more about how you and your group can utilize our new crowdfunding platform.
What is crowdfunding?
If you’ve ever used or visited a GoFundMe or KickStarter page, you’ve seen crowdfunding at work. Crowdfunding is a way for groups to raise money for projects from people they know and people who are interested in their project. This is done through email and through social media posts. Crowdfunding is basically a digital version of the bake sale or car wash fundraisers your group may have done in the past. Because it is done online, crowdfunding helps your group reach those who might be too far away or too busy to stop by an in-person fundraiser. In general, crowdfunding works best for projects with financial goals in the range of $500 – $5,000.
What kind of projects would work as crowdfunding projects?
- Travel for athletic tournaments, academic competitions, conferences, etc.
- Funding for specific items (i.e. new uniforms, supplies for a club, new classroom equipment, etc.)
- Event-based fundraising
- Academic projects or clinics
- Scholarships in honor of individuals (i.e. a coach or professor)
What does my group need to create a project?
- A written description of the project
- A short video (3 minutes max) describing the project (YouTube or Vimeo accepted)
- Time frame (keep in mind, projects are live on the platform for 30-45 days at a time)
- A group of individuals committed to running and updating the project
- A faculty or staff sponsor
- Approval of the project from a Dean or Vice President prior to application
- A dollar amount or participation goal
- A social media/outreach plan, including hashtag
To see a full list of requirements, including descriptions, please reference New Project Requirements.
If you think your project meets these requirements, please click here to apply. You will receive an email shortly regarding the status of your project.