In a military and veteran ￼￼education environment flush with large universities and distance learning, we Saint Rose Veterans believe that our College is a great alternative – a place of learning that provides community, comfort and compassion.
In 2013 the Saint Rose chapter of the Student Veterans of America was founded. Our SVA (Student Veterans Association) is a social and informational organization for students, alumni, and friends. It is a non-political environment in which members can meet, share information, plan activities, and build upon the camaraderie they were accustomed to while in the service.
- Supply information and assistance that will enable veterans to get the maximum use of relevant education, vocational and medical benefits.
- Build upon shared experiences and camaraderie.
- Improve integration of military members within the campus community for academic, social and personal success.
A Great Place for Student Veterans
- Centrally located just minutes from the Stratton VA Medical Center.
- Access to VA resources and veteran advocate’s throughout NY’s capital city.
- Close to reserve and national guard drilling sites for all branches.
- 30 minutes to Exchange, Commissary and Morale Welfare and Recreation services at Naval Support Activity Saratoga Springs
- Cross-town affiliation with the Mohawk Army ROTC battalion
- St. Rose has a full time Veteran’s Coordinator to assist in all Veteran related issues.
- Free campus parking passes for Veterans.
- Twelve VA work study positions available for student Veterans.
- An approximately 1,300 square foot building space has been renovated for student veterans, dependents and military-family members.