Essentials of HR Management Course Content
SHRM Essentials® of HR Management
Date is to be determined.
If you have interest in learning when the next class is scheduled, please call us at 518-454-5144 or email us.
If you’re a small business owner, if you’re new to HR, or if HR is one of your many responsibilities, the newly updated SHRM Essentials® of HR Management course focuses on the key topics you need to know. In less than 20 hours of training time, you’ll gain practical skills to handle HR challenges that are relevant to you and can help your company avoid potentially costly lawsuits.
The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management course can help employees and companies increase HR knowledge that is critical to overall business success.
• Attain knowledge and practical HR skills to effectively approach challenging HR issues.
• Gain expertise in areas of HR that are broader than the normal scope of your job.
• Stay up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations.
• Learn techniques for handling HR challenges through interactive case studies.
• Utilize the print materials and one-year access to the online tools as a comprehensive source of HR information.
• Earn up to 1.2 CEUs or 12 PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification hours and a certificate upon completion.
Six key topics cover a broad spectrum of HR Practices
Newly updated with the latest HR developments, this course addresses six key HR management practices delivered in a blended learning experience that combines print and online tools with the benefits of an instructor-led class.
1.Human Resource Management
3.Recruitment and Selection
4.Compensation and Benefits
•Pre- and post-test
•Reports that measure progress
•Glossary of key terms
•Threaded case study
•Instruction from an HR expert
•Real-world case studies
•Structured dates, times, and assignments
2016 SHRM Learning System Course Content
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) which encourages HR professionals to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they’ll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
As part of your course, you will receive the NEW 2016 SHRM Learning System ® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP SM. Comprised of comprehensive learning modules in print and e-reader formats, and advanced online resources, these study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP SM exam. The SHRM Learning System ® course features printed workbooks, over 1,000 test questions, and an Online Resource Center (download flashcards, access HR updates, related links, feedback feature and more).
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy