SHRM Learning System Course
The Essentials of Human Resources
Learning System Course – Certification Prep-class
Choose Expert Leadership and Guidance
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized HR expert in 2020 by earning your SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®) certification. Prove your value to colleagues and employers with the credentials built on the SHRM BoCK™, which defines the standards for knowledge, strategies, and competencies required for effective HR professionals around the world. As an official SHRM Education Partner, our certification prep course utilizes the 2020 SHRM Learning System, giving you access to the most comprehensive, effective and up-to-date exam preparation tools available.
Attending our course is the most effective way to prepare to pass the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Learn from a certified instructor who provides expertise, insights and one-on-one guidance.
- Network, share experiences and discuss topics with a diverse group of HR professionals.
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience.
- Take advantage of funding options, such as corporate tuition reimbursement.
The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification preparation program was designed by instructional designers and certified human resource professionals to help participants achieve professional development goals with practical, “real-world” information within each of the functional areas of human resource management.
Who should enroll:
HR practitioners, educators, researchers or consultants interested in preparing for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations, those interested in continued professional development, and those wanting to earn additional professional development credits, PDCs, to maintain existing SHRM credentials.
How your employer will benefit:
Once you set your certification or professional development goal, help your manager understand the value of certification and build a business case for certification and training as a worthwhile investment. The top five ways your organization will benefit are:
- Your knowledge will be current and relevant allowing you to contribute to and advance your organizations’ strategic direction
- You will learn practical skills that will impact your job immediately
- SHRM-CP/SCP certifications were developed with employers in mind through outreach to major corporations, universities and over 35,000 members of the profession worldwide
- Your knowledge and skills will be globally applicable and universally recognized
- Your certification will be provided by the leading advocate for HR professionals. SHRM has represented the HR community for nearly seven decades and has more than 300,000 members in 165 countries
Helpful printable documents are located in the Approach Your Boss Toolkit below.
info Nine Reasons to Pursue
Let us guide you to your HR certification goal.
Join local HR professionals for a free information session. Discover how the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications focus on teaching and testing the practical, real-life information HR professionals need to excel in their careers today, including knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies.
Attend our event and you’ll explore these questions and topics:
- What are the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications?
- Benefit of pursuing the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP
- What is the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge?
- Review of Learning System Tools
Info Session Details
- Date: January 7, 2020
- Time: 6 – 7 pm
- Place: Huether School of Business, Room 100
- Cost: FREE
Register for the Information Session
Already Certified? Earn Re-certification Credits with the Saint Rose Learning System class
You’ve invested time to earn your credentials; don’t let your certification slip away. The College of Saint Rose is a trusted source for re-certification. You can earn up to 36 professional development credits, PDCs, by attending our SHRM Learning System course
The Essentials of Human Resources
If you’re a small business owner, are new to HR, or if HR is one of your many responsibilities, the newly updated Essentials of Human Resources course focuses on the key topics you need to know. In less than 20 hours of training time, you’ll gain practical skills to handle HR challenges that are relevant to you and can help your company avoid potentially costly lawsuits.
The Essentials of Human Resources course can help employees and companies increase HR knowledge that is critical to overall business success. Participants will:
- Attain knowledge and practical HR skills to effectively approach challenging HR issues.
- Gain expertise in areas of HR that may be broader than the normal scope of your job.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations.
- Learn techniques for handling HR challenges through interactive case studies.
- Utilize the print materials and one-year access to the online tools as a comprehensive source of HR information.
This course addresses six key HR management practices delivered in a blended learning experience that combines print and online tools with the benefits of an instructor-led class.
- Real-world case studies
- Structured dates, times, and assignments
- Networking opportunities
- Company/tuition reimbursement
Next class to be determined
Cost includes course materials and online access
Instructor: Sally Hart, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Looking for re-certification credits?
You can earn up to 12 professional development credits, PDCs, by attending The Essentials of Human Resources program
Do you have an interest in the Learning Systems Course or The Essentials of Human Resources program and are looking for more information or additional dates? Contact us today! We can be reached by phone at 518-454-5144 or by email.