It is the hope of the community in the Office of Spiritual Life to make the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary a safe place for people of all beliefs to feel welcome and at home. At Saint Rose, our roots have taught us that spirituality—in prayer and meditation, in compassion, in community service—enriches the college experience beyond measure. For that reason, the Office of Spiritual Life provides a wealth of programs, all designed to help you develop as a whole person, grow spiritually, foster your leadership potential, and see and serve the needs of others. We offer opportunities for:
- Praying, meditating and practicing yoga
- Exploring faith and the “big questions”
- Participating in community service and pursuing social justice
- Hearing wisdom from distinguished scholars in interfaith lectures
- Serving others on service trips to the UN, Washington DC, Guatemala and other destinations
- Engaging in retreats, Masses, and other social and faith based activities
Many of these opportunities take place in our Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary; a welcoming, safe space with a large central room, prayer chapels and an interior garden. Downstairs, students gather for quiet study, club meetings, lunch, or just to meet new friends.