The New MBA+Gov with Albany Law School
Kickstart or change your career with the MBA focused on government affairs and advocacy
The College of Saint Rose and Albany Law School have partnered on a new MBA+Gov pathway, which allows students to earn both the Saint Rose Flex MBA and an advanced certificate in Government Affairs and Advocacy from Albany Law School.
- Saint Rose Flex MBA is known for a Theory in Action approach to learning, where students can take the knowledge gained from class and apply it directly to their professions.
- The Flex format is perfect for the busy professional. Your studies will never be disrupted by work travel, a late-night project, or a family obligation.
- You don’t have to have legal experience in order to study in the Albany Law program, but you’ll earn a credential from the nation’s oldest independent school of law, which will stand out on your resume.
- The Albany Law courses are built around workforce skills gaps identified by government and public advocacy professionals.
- The MBA+Gov pathway gives you an important foundation in finance and management, and the certificate provides domain knowledge in government and advocacy, perfectly positioning you to take on leadership roles.
Saint Rose has many funding options that can make your education affordable:
The Saint Rose Flex MBA program empowers students to take courses in-person, via livestream, or online on their own time and change it up from week to week as they need to.
The Albany Law advanced certificate in Government Affairs and Advocacy courses are offered online in an asynchronous format, meaning students don’t have to log on at a set time.
Students take 9 MBA courses:
- Management Communication/Social Responsibility
- Organizational Behavior and Management
- Budgeting and Cost Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Finance
- Production and Quality Management
- Strategic Management
After acceptance into Albany Law’s program, students select 3 elective courses in order to earn the advanced certificate in Government Affairs and Advocacy. The Albany Law courses are built around workforce skills gaps identified by government and public advocacy professionals. These courses vary by term, but include topics like:
- Administrative Law: Rules and Regulations
- State and Local Governments
- Government Spending and Grants
- NY Lobbying: Process and Players
- Influencing Policy Through Litigation
- Legislative Process and Statutory Interpretation
- Government Ethics
Contact Us Now
Of course, if you have any questions, please reach out. We’re here to help.
Dr. John F. Dion
MBA Program Coordinator
Huether School of Business
994 Madison Ave
Albany NY 12203