The College of Saint Rose has parking lots available to all permit holders. Parking permits are required to park in all College-operated parking lots and all vehicles parked in College parking lots are required to display a valid College of Saint Rose parking permit. Your parking permit is valid through the summer terms.
Parking Permits are issued on an Academic-Year (August to May) schedule, and go on sale each August for the upcoming year. One rearview mirror hang-tag will only be issued to qualified full-time staff, part-time staff, commuter students and resident students, and will allow the vehicle owner to use the permit on any vehicle that they drive to campus.
- You can purchase your permit at Security Headquarters, 340 Western Avenue; Monday – Thursday 9:00 am -3:00 pm or online at Purchase Parking Permit. All permits must be picked up from Security Headquarters. You will need your College ID and primary vehicle registration.
- Security offers extended hours for purchasing permits, Monday through Thursday, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. during the first week of Fall classes only.
- To purchase parking permits after May you should stop into Security Headquarters located at 340 Western Avenue.
Permit fees are as follows and payable by cash, check, or Visa and Master Card.
- Resident Student Parking Permit – $100.00
- Commuter Student Parking Permit – $50.00
- Staff Parking Permit – $50.00
- Part-Time Staff Parking Permit – $40.00
Guest and Temporary Parking Permits
Guest and temporary parking permits can be issued 24 hours per day at Security Headquarters, 340 Western Avenue or through the online Guest Parking Permit System, for a maximum of seven (7) days.
Online requests should be submitted at least 24 business hours prior to visit. The following information will be needed in order to obtain a visitor parking pass:
- Nature/Location of your business/visit
- Vehicle Year/Make/Model/Color
- License Plate No.
Vehicle Immobilization "Boot"
Vehicles with multiple outstanding parking violations will be immobilized. In order for the immobilizer to be removed, all outstanding fines must be paid at Security Headquarters, 340 Western Avenue. Security can accept fines and remove the boot 24 hours/7 days a week.
You have the right to appeal your parking violation if you believe the ticket was issued in error. You may stop into Security Headquarters, 340 Western Avenue, and request the parking ticket appeal form or download a copy below. The appeal form must be fully completed with a current mailing address. You must include the ticket when submitting the form.
Please complete this form and mail it to:
The College of Saint Rose
Attn: Safety and Security Department
432 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203-1490
Be sure to include your ticket when you mail this form. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
Parking Appeals Committee
The parking appeals committee is made up of a group of students, faculty, staff and administrators. They generally meet on a monthly basis to consider all parking violation appeals. After the committee meets, you will receive their decision by mail. If accepted, no further action is needed. If denied, you must pay the parking violation. All decisions by the parking appeals committee are final.
Parking On-Campus During A Snow Emergency
After unusually heavy snow events (typically, but not limited to accumulations >6”), the Security Department will work in conjunction with Facilities to empty and temporarily close certain parking lots so that they can be cleared of built-up snow accumulation.
Please note that during school recess periods, all student cars left on campus should be parked in the Centennial Hall parking lot.