Anne-Lynsha Mompérousse

Anne-Lynsha Mompérousse ‘21, G’21, got out of college what most students dream of getting: a rewarding internship and both an undergraduate and graduate degree. But, for Mompérousse, killer time-management skills also tops the list of her greatest achievements. Enrolled in our accelerated B.S. in Finance/M.S. in Business Analytics degree program, Mompérousse was taking anywhere from 16 to 18 credits a semester while working 20 hours a week. Balancing this juggling act is a feat in and of itself, but she also managed this hectic schedule while living a thousand miles away from her hometown of Port-au-Prince, Haiti.

Mompérousse participated in an internship at the New York State Comptroller’s Office this May, where she put her data analytics skills to the test. Now that she understands the day-to-day life of a data analyst, she would like to pursue a career in either the entertainment or technology industry.

We recently caught up with Mompérousse to ask her about her Saint Rose experience and future plans. Here’s what she had to say:

What’s your current job or grad school program?
I currently intern at the New York State Comptroller’s Office. I’ve been with them for a while now, but recently moved to their TAX special projects team. This team uses more data analyst tools to conduct their day-to-day activities and answer business questions, which is more aligned with my career goals. This internship has been really fruitful for me, and it’s made me realize a few things: that I am in the right career field, the type of team environment I want to be in, and most important, what I wouldn’t want to do as a career. 

List any clubs/organizations you joined while at Saint Rose:

• Sigma Alpha Pi National Society of Leadership and Success
  • Huether School of Business Association
  • International Student Organization

What is your favorite memory of Saint Rose?
I would say late-night study sessions at Huether. 

What have you learned through the pandemic?
There’s always strength in numbers.

What was the best class you took at Saint Rose, and why?
Organizational Behavior with Dr. Haidy Brown. She created a safe place to respectfully voice our opinions. It was a very interactive class, and full of creative ways to understand the material. We analyzed organizational culture and structure through movies, group projects, and so on. Overall, it was a great class! 

What are your future plans?
Right now, focusing on graduating and starting my journey/career as an analyst.

Any career or grad school prospects?
Hopefully, in a not so distant future, I will work as an analyst in the tech or entertainment industry. 

I love music and entertainment, so working as an analyst at a company like Spotify or WarnerMedia would be amazing. As for grad school, I’m currently enrolled in Saint Rose’s accelerated course of study program, therefore, I’m getting both my Bachelor’s in Finance and Master’s in Business Analytics.

What did Saint Rose teach you?
Saint Rose has taught me that “Where there is a will, there is a way.” Over the course of my education at Saint Rose — like many of my classmates — I’ve felt discouraged and wanted to give up. However, what’s kept me going are my goals, and the life I’ve envisioned for myself and for my family. This has pushed me and reinforced my will. Every. Single. Time. Saint Rose has also taught me the importance of time management. During my undergraduate/graduate course of study, I’ve taken around 16-18 credits every semester while working 20 hours a week. It took a lot of discipline and time management, and it was tough, but I’m proud of myself for efficiently managing my time.

Who was your best professor, and why?
That’s easy, Dr. Dandan Wu, assistant professor of finance. During my time at Saint Rose, she has been my advisor and teacher. She’s a wonderful and genuine person who prioritizes student success and is able to successfully accommodate each of her students’ needs. She’s fair and always available: I could email Dr. Wu a school-related question at midnight and would get an answer within the next 30 minutes. Dr. Wu, if you’re reading this, my graduation wish is for you to rest more. Thank you for your guidance over the years!

Advice for incoming students?
Don’t be too hard on yourselves. Practice self-care, find time to relax and spend time with your loved ones. And four years may seem like a lot, but It will be over before you know it! Enjoy it, but remember your goals!

Look for more stories about our Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 graduates in our upcoming Saint Rose Magazine.

By Caroline Murray

Please select a valid form