Yoga. Prayer. Faith services for all. Visit the Interfaith Sanctuary.
Faith Crawl – A Way to Dive Into Learning About Other Faiths and Beliefs
The Office of Spiritual Life is hosting a week of events and trips to increase your knowledge and explore your curiosity about the many ways humans make sense of the universe and how they understand the Divine Mystery; and for some, if they even find themselves believing in something called a divine mystery. Allow yourself to enter the diversity that makes up our world and give voice to your own beliefs while respectfully engaging with others about theirs.
To learn more about the events during Faith Crawl (which will run from February 4th until February 11th), please click here for the Faith Crawl Brochure
Sign up for events at: bit.ly/FaithCrawl2017
Of Many Paths-An Interfaith Art Show Picture Gallery
20th Anniversary of the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary
Our semester of activities to kick off the celebration of 20 years in the life of the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary will begin on February 1st at 7pm with our “Stop the Hate Interfaith Prayer Service.” What better way to begin this time of celebration than to pray for peace.
Plan to be part of any or all of the following events celebrating this building and the College’s role in creating a home for interfaith conversation in the Capital Region.
- Stop the Hate Interfaith Prayer Service
(February 1st at 7:00 pm)
- BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR THE SANCTUARY!!
(February 27th at 3:00-7:00 pm)
- Interfaith Art Show Opening
(March 26th at 3:00-5:00 pm
Events throughout the week)
- Celebratory Mass honoring those who made this building possible
(April 2nd at 6:30 pm)
- Sidney and Beatrice Albert Interfaith Lecture
and Re-dedication of the Sanctuary
(April 3rd at 7:00 pm)
Prayer & Meditation
- Guided meditation and relaxation: scheduled throughout the semester upon request.
- Yoga class at 7 p.m. in the Sanctuary. All levels are welcome to attend.
- Sunday Night College Mass takes place at 6:30 p.m. at St. Vincent de Paul Church (on the corner of Madison Ave. and Partridge St)
The first Mass of the fall 2016 semester will be held August 28th, on campus at the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary to welcome our NEW students.
- Opportunities for prayer: Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary is open for quiet prayer & reflection from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., Monday thru Thursday and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Earthpeace – prayer and reflection for the needs of our planet. Monday’s at 7 p.m. at the Sanctuary.
- Better Together – This student organization for students from all different faith traditions and belief systems, brings students together for service, conversation, prayer and exploration of different beliefs. We hold service as a common value in all belief systems and religions so we use that as the place to come together and better understand one another while being of use in our local community.
- Catholic Student Organization – meeting time: Wednesdays at 4 p.m. in the Hubbard Interfaith Sanctuary
- BASIC – Brothers and Sisters in Christ – Christian student organization sponsored through the Student Association