Contact the Career Center to schedule an appointment.
- Career Planning: explore values, interests, skills, and personality traits, utilize career assessments, gather information via print and online resources, and identify major/career options
- Graduate/Professional School: gather information on programs and schools, learn about the application process, review materials, and evaluate if continuing education is the next step
- Interviewing/Mock Interview: discuss the interview process and/or participate in a practice interview to receive feedback, develop skills, and identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Job/Internship Search: learn how and where to find available opportunities, become familiar with the processes, develop and review materials, and explore strategies and resources
- Networking: develop strategies to expand a professional network, explore current fields, clarify career goals, and learn about specific occupations and opportunities
- Resume/Cover Letter: review application materials and learn how to effectively represent education, experience, and skills to potential employers and/or graduate schools
The Career Resource Room, located within the Career Center, houses a collection of over 500 books and other publications related to interests, majors, careers, job search, internships, summer jobs and graduate school. The Career Resource Room is open during the Career Center’s hours. Stop by to browse or meet with our staff during walk-ins to learn more about the resources and how they may be most helpful to you.
The Career Center maintains a collection of eBooks with information on more than 70 career fields including an overview, educational requirements, position descriptions, and compensation etc.
The Career Center partners with Interfolio, a web-based credential management service, to provide self-managed 24/7 online access to your account. This service provides you and your recommenders the ability to mail or upload documents to your account, and the option of hardcopy or electronic delivery of materials, plus more.
For more information, go to https://www.strose.edu/credentials
The Career Center sponsors Education Expo each Spring semester. This event provides students and alumni with an opportunity to connect and interview with education employers with anticipated vacancies.
HireStRose (formerly eCareerCenter)
Alumni can access job and internship listings via HireStRose, our on-line career management platform. Please use your 9-digit Saint Rose ID# as your User ID. If you do not know your Saint Rose ID#, please contact the Career Center for assistance.
- Jobs and Internships posted directly with The College’s Career Center (full-time, part-time, on-campus, off-campus, internships, volunteer, babysitting/caregiver, work-study positions, and graduate assistantships)
- Events and Recruiting including Information Tables, Information Sessions, Resume Collections, On-Campus Interviews, Career Roundtables, Education Expo, Etiquette Dinner, and other career-related programs
- Employer information for those who list positions with the Career Center, including contacts, address, website, and available positions currently on eCareerCenter
- Resources including Albany Business Review Portal, Careers in Focus eBook Series, GoinGlobal, Graduate Jobs Bulletin, What Can I Do With This Major?, and Links to job and internship websites, plus more.