Contact the Career Center to schedule an appointment.
- Career Planning: explore values, interests, skills, and personality traits, utilize career assessments, gather information via print and online resources, and identify major/career options
- Graduate/Professional School: gather information on programs and schools, learn about the application process, review materials, and evaluate if continuing education is the next step
- Interviewing/Mock Interview: discuss the interview process and/or participate in a practice interview to receive feedback, develop skills, and identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Job/Internship Search: learn how and where to find available opportunities, become familiar with the processes, develop and review materials, and explore strategies and resources
- Networking: develop strategies to expand a professional network, explore current fields, clarify career goals, and learn about specific occupations and opportunities
- Resume/Cover Letter: review application materials and learn how to effectively represent education, experience, and skills to potential employers and/or graduate schools
The Career Center manages a Career Resource Room containing over 500 career-related books and other publications, an eBook Collection with information for more than 60 career fields, as well as links to additional online resources.
- Topics include: interests, majors, careers, internships, interviewing, job search, networking, salary, transitions, graduate/professional school, and more.
The Career Center partners with Interfolio, a web-based credential management service, to provide self-managed 24/7 online access to your account. This service provides you and your recommenders the ability to mail or upload documents to your account, and the option of hardcopy or electronic delivery of materials, plus more. For more information, go to https://www.strose.edu/credentials
NEW Career Management System
The Career Center is in the final phase of transitioning to a new career management system, powered by 12Twenty. Please plan on the system being down from Friday, June 16, 2017 to Sunday, June 25, 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Jobs and Internships posted directly with The College’s Career Center (full-time, part-time, on-campus, off-campus, internships, volunteer, babysitting/caregiver, work-study positions, and graduate assistantships)
- Events and Recruiting including Information Tables, Information Sessions, Resume Collections, On-Campus Interviews, Career Roundtables, Education Expo, Etiquette Dinner, and other career-related programs
- Employer information for those who list positions with the Career Center, including contacts, address, website, and available positions currently on eCareerCenter
- Resources including Career Explorer which includes career and industry information from the U.S. Department of Labor O*Net, Career Advice from the National Association of Colleges and Employers, and the Career Center Handbook.
The Career Center sponsors Education Expo each Spring semester. This event provides students and alumni with an opportunity to connect and interview with education employers with anticipated vacancies.