Additional Conference Details
- Participants will be able to differentiate bullying from other relationship issues.
- Participants will learn how bullying impacts targets, perpetrators, and bystanders.
- Participants will be able to identify how legislation addresses and impacts bullying, harassment, and intimidation.
- Participants will be able to identify approaches, strategies, and resources that are ineffective and effective in preventing and intervening with bullying.
- Participants will problem-solve challenges in addressing bullying.
Amanda B. Nickerson, Ph.D. is a professor of school psychology and director of the Alberti Center for Bullying Abuse Prevention at the University of Buffalo, the State University of New York. She is a nationally certified school psychologist, licensed psychologist, fellow of the American Psychological Association, and member of NASP’s School Safety and Crisis Response Committee. Dr. Nickerson’s research and professional interests focus on preventing and intervening with school crises, violence, and bullying. She is also interested in ways schools, parents, and peers can promote social-emotional strengths in young children.
View Dr. Nickerson’s TEDx Talk: Striving for Social-Emotional Health
This presentation is offered as part of NYASP. NYASP and the College of Saint Rose are approved providers of NASP CPD credit. A full refund for the conference, no questions asked, will be offered up until two weeks before the beginning date of the event. Subsequently, decisions for refunds are determined case by case. There are no refunds offered after the conference has ended. Session content is at the discretion of the speaker. Any complaints should be directed to Moira Mascelli or Natalie Partyka at NYASPChapterJ@gmail.com.
The ASHA Clinical Certification Standards define professional development as an instructional activity where the certificate holder is the learner;
- That is related to the science or contemporary practice of speech-language pathology, audiology, or the speech/language/learning sciences;
- That results in the acquisition of new knowledge and skills, or the enhancement or current knowledge or skills necessary for independent practice in any practice setting or area of practice;
- Where the certificate holder is responsible for determining the professional development activity is appropriate, relevant, and meaningful to any practice setting and area of practice;
- In which the certificate holder’s attendance can be documented by a third party such as an employer, educational institution, or sponsoring organization
Permits are required to park in any of the lots on the Saint Rose campus. Visitor permits can be requested online by visiting here. These permits should be requested at least 24 hours prior to the conference. Once approved you can print the permit and place it on your dashboard. Street parking is also available.