Assistant Professor, Art Foundations
|B.S.||Studio Art||Skidmore College|
|M.F.A.||Studio Art||Tufts University/School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston|
Assistant Professor of Foundations Susan Meyer creates sculptures, installations, and two-dimensional works utilizing hand and digital methods. Interweaving landscape and architecture, her works explore the utopian instinct.
Meyer has exhibited throughout the U.S. at venues including the Museum of Contemporary Art/Denver; Center for Visual Arts in Denver; Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art; Artspace New Haven, Connecticut; the Hyde Collection, Glens Falls, New York; Albany Institute of History and Art; and Islip Art Museum, Carriage House, New York. She has participated in artist residencies at Sculpture Space, Anderson Ranch Art Center, Ucross and Pilchuck.
2D Concepts, 3D Concepts, Color Theory, Sculpture 2, Senior Studio Seminar
- “The Art of Construction,” Hunterdon Art Museum, Clinton, New Jersey. Curator: Lovina Purple.
- “Stack,” Markel Fine Arts, New York, New York. Curator: Deborah Zlotsky, Artist and Associate Professor, Experimental and Foundation Studies, Rhode Island School of Design.
- “Cloudlands,” Albany International Airport Gallery, Albany, New York. Curator: Kathy Greenwood, Director, Albany Airport Art and Culture Program.
- “Reclamation,” Collar Works, Troy, New York. Guest Curator: Ian Berry, Dayton Director, The Frances Young Tang Museum and Art Gallery and Professor of Liberal Arts, Skidmore College.
- “The Lonely Surfer,” LABspace Gallery, Hillsdale, New York, 2-person with Jeff Starr.
- “Formation Proposal,” Courthouse Art Gallery, Lake George Art Project, Lake George, New York, solo.
- “Nowhere Everywhere,” Thompson Gallery, The Cambridge School of Weston, Weston, Massachusetts. Curator: Todd Bartel, Gallery Director.
- “CHHS Projects/EXCAVATE,” Snyder Estate Century House Historical Society and Widow Jane Mine, Rosendale, New York. Curator:Laura Johansen, Co-Director, KMOCA Gallery.