|M.S. Ed||Communication Sciences and Disorders||The College of Saint Rose|
|AC (Advanced Certificate)||Gifted Education||The State University of New York at Buffalo|
Creator and Director, IGNITE Program.
- Clinical Phonology
- Phonological Awareness
- Language Variation
- Childhood Speech Sound Disorders
- Benway, N., Campeas, R, & Preston, J. (2019, May). Differentiating Subtypes of Speech Sound Disorders Using Multisyllabic Word Repetitions. Presentation at the International Child Phonology Conference, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Muldoon, D., Benway, N., Shanock, A., & Alfonso, V. (2018, November). A Review of the Psychometric Integrity of Preschool Language Tests: Findings & Implications for SLPs. Presentation at the Convention of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Alfonso, V., Shanock, A., Muldoon, D., Benway, N., & Oades-Sese, G. (2018, May). Psychometric Integrity of Preschool Speech/Language Tests: Implications for Diagnosis and Progress Monitoring of Treatment. Poster session presented at the meeting of the Association for Psychological Science, San Francisco, California.
- Benway, N. (2013, November). Gifted with Special Needs: Identification, Differentiation, and Advocacy for Twice-Exceptional Children. Presentation #1624 at the Convention of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Chicago, Illinois.
- Benway, N. (2012, April). Turning Speech into Visual Feedback. Presentation at the Convention of the NYS Speech-Language Hearing Association, Saratoga Springs, New York.
- Benway, N. (2011, November) Acoustic and Perceptual Changes in a Male to Female Transgender Individual. Poster session #8903 presented at the Convention of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, San Diego, California.
- Hertz, S., Gibson, M., Glatthorn, N., Hegde, P., Mills, H., and Spencer, I. (2008, April). The Role of Prosody in Speech Parsing. Poster Presentation at Experimental and Theoretical Advances in Prosody, Ithaca, New York.