Professor of Spanish
|Ph.D.||Hispanic Linguistics||University at Albany|
|M.A.||Hispanic Linguistics||University at Albany|
|B.A.||Spanish||St. Lawrence University|
The College of Saint Rose, Albany, New York, August 1992-Present
- Professional Rank: Professor, with tenure
- Fulbright Program Advisor, 2015-Present
- Chair, Foreign Language Department, 2004–2012
- Faculty Advisor to Study Abroad, 2002–2013
- Thomas A. Manion Distinguished Faculty Award, May 2008
SPA 204 Discovery and Culture
SPA 216 Intermediate Conversation
SPA 265 Spanish Written Expression
SPA 302 Spanish for Heritage Speakers
SPA 309 Hispanic Culture in the US
SPA 368 Culture and Civilization of Spain
SPA 370 Experiential Spanish (Faculty Led Study Abroad)
SPA 425 Translation
SPA 430 Dialects of Spanish
SPA 455 Sociolinguistics and Psycholinguistics
SPA 480 Reflections Workshop
SPA 494 Internship – Translation
- Qualitative and Quantitative Cultural Gains from Short-Term Study Abroad, Revista d’Innovació Educativa, Valencia, Spain, June 2013.
- Sauced in New York blog, September 2012-Present.
- Times Union Blog: Vinoteca, September 2010–September 2012.
- WISE Conference, Wake Forest University, North Carolina, The Role of Social Media Expectations in Study Abroad: Meet Them Where They’re at!, February 2017.
- NAFSA Region XI Conference, Farmington, Connecticut, There’s an app for that!, October 2015.
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages), San Antonio, Assessment in Short-term Foreign Language Study Abroad, Fall 2014.
- Global Internship Conference, Toronto, Canada, What’s New in Practical Education, with Dr. Aden Hayes and Catherine Hanley, June 2014.
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages), Philadelphia, Designing a Successful Short-Term Faculty Led Program (FLP), November 2012.
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages), Philadelphia, Assessment of Cultural Gains in Short-Term Study Abroad, November 2012.
- IDI (Intercultural Development Inventory) National Conference, The IDI in Short-Term Study Abroad Programs: Effective Tool for Program Enhancement and Assessment, September 2012.
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages), Boston, A Guided Re-entry Process for Study Abroad Students, Fall 2010.