Chris St. Cyr
Associate Professor of Graphic Design
|M.F.A.||Design||Massachusetts College of Art & Design|
|B.F.A.||Graphic Design||University of Connecticut|
|A.A.S.||Graphic Design||Mount Ida College|
2COMMUNIQUÉ, Albany, New York, September 2003-Present
- The design studio develops projects for regional and national clients focusing on editorial design, for print and digital media. Projects include various print, interactive, motion, and identity components. Partial client list: Albany College of Pharmacy, Aspect Press, Cate School, Colorado Rural Electrical Association, Corporate Legal Times/Inside Counsel, CXO Media, Emerson College, Harvard University, McKinsey & Company, Noble & Greenough, Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, Science News, Shinn & Company, Telluride Publishing, Touchstone Community School, Tufts University, and Visions of Strength.
Chris St. Cyr Design, Boston, Massachusetts, December 2000–August 2003
- Specializing in interactive and print design, the studio analyzed each project, determined the most effective means for visual communication, and delivered final design solutions that had visual clarity, integrity, and sophistication. Partial client list: American Motility Society, Haley & Steele, Massachusetts College of Art & Design, Project Bread, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, and Tufts University.
Thoughtbubble Productions, Boston, Massachusetts, June 2000–December 2000
- Worked in a team-based digital design company to see interactive projects through from concept to information architecture to user interface design. Also art directed multimedia designers in the creation of motion graphics elements of websites.
Cadmus Custom Publishing, Boston, Massachusetts, April 1996–December 1998
- Designed and art directed multiple publications including Continental Airlines’ Continental, Private Screening, and 777 Entertainment Guide. Assisted with the development and design of the initial company website.
Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Massachusetts, June 1992–April 1996
- Designed and produced book jackets for hard cover and paperback versions of publications for the General Books division. Customized book cover designs for clients of the health care line of books. Designed and developed the initial website for the General Books Group.
Planet Dexter, Reading, Massachusetts, July 1994–April 1995
A Satellite of Addison-Wesley Publishing Co.
- Produced the first two series of books for the launch of the Planet Dexter line of children’s publications.
Worked with editors, printers, and product manufacturers to design appropriate packaging for the book and supplemental educational interactive objects. Extended the design of the series of books established by design consultants Skolos-Wedell.
The College of Saint Rose, Fall 2013–Present
Graphic Design, Center for Art & Design
- Responsibilities include a full teaching load, committee participation, curriculum development, incoming portfolio review of prospective undergraduate students, academic advising.
Sage College of Albany, Fall 2011–Spring 2013
Graphic & Media Design, Visual Arts Department
- Responsibilities include a full teaching load, committee participation, curriculum development, incoming portfolio review of prospective undergraduate students, academic advising for 10 to 15 students, and student group advisement.
Ringling College of Art & Design, Fall 2006–Spring 2011
Graphic & Interactive Communication (GIC)
- Responsibilities include a full teaching load, committee participation, curriculum development, and First-Year GIC mentoring.
University of Denver, Fall 2003–Spring 2006
Electronic Media Arts Design (eMAD), School of Art & Art History
- Responsibilities include a full teaching load, committee participation, curriculum development, incoming portfolio review of prospective graduate and undergraduate students, and advising 15 to 20 undergraduate students.
Lesley University, Fall 2001–Spring 2003
Graphic Design, Art Institute of Boston
- Taught two courses per semester, advised the design department on curriculum development pertaining to digital media, and participated in semester portfolio reviews.
Massachusetts College of Art & Design, Fall 1999–Fall 2002
Graphic Design, Communication Design Department
- Assisted one full-time faculty member as a teaching assistant, taught one course per semester, and participated in semester portfolio reviews.
Partial Client List:
AACSB International, Albany College of Pharmacy, Aspect Press, Cate School, CMES at Harvard, CXO Media, David Rockefeller Center at Harvard, Harvard GSAS, Hillbrook School, Inside Counsel, La Jolla Country Day School, Nieman Foundation at Harvard, Noble & Greenough School, Oncology Nursing Society, Pingree School, Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, University of Tampa, Touchstone Community School, Tufts University, Williams College, Woodstock Magazine
BizEd Magazine Redesign, Center for Middle Eastern Studies Rebrand, Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing Redesign, La Jolla Country Day School Admissions Publication, Noble and Greenough School Enrollment Campaign, Nobles Magazine Redesign, Tufts Magazine Redesign
Type Transfers on Paper, Polatype Transfers, Robot Monster Skull King Squad Modular System (Lego Block Prints, Stickers, T-Shirts, Laser-cut Stencils, #RMSKS)