Associate Professor Political Science and History
|B.A.||Political Science||University of California, Los Angeles|
|M.A.||Political Science||California State University, Los Angeles|
|Ph.D.||Political Science||University of Colorado, Boulder|
The College of Saint Rose, Albany, New York
- Associate Professor of Political Science, 1999-Present
- Chair, Department of History and Political Science, 2011-2014
- Director of Graduate Studies, Department of History and Political Science, 1996-2006
- Assistant Professor of Political Science, 1993-1999
University of Colorado
- Adjunct Instructor of Political Science, 1991-1993
- Teaching Assistant in the Department of Political Science (and also with the Center for the Studies of Race and Ethnicity), 1978-1991
Currently my primary focus is in undergraduate instruction both lower and upper level courses. However, when the Department of History and Political Science had a graduate degree program, I taught graduate courses as well.
The scope of my teaching involves courses in International Relations: International Theory, International Organizations, International Political Economy, Comparative Foreign Policy, the International Relations of the Pacific Rim and U.S. Foreign Policy; Comparative Politics: Sub-Saharan Political Systems, European Political Systems, Middle East Political Systems, and East Asian Political Systems; Political Philosophy/Theory: Ancient Greek and Roman Political Though, Early American Political Thought and African-American Political Thought.
Also, I have been the recipient of several teaching and service awards:
- 2013: Faculty Member of the Year, selected by the Student Association. This award recognizes a faculty member at The College of Saint Rose for their dedication to teaching and service to the student body.
- 2002: Thomas A. Manion Distinguished Faculty Award, The College of Saint Rose
- 2002: Faculty Member of the Year, selected by the Student Association
- 1999: Faculty Member of the Year, selected by the Student Association
- 1998: Diversity Award, presented by the Board of Trustees of the Hudson Mohawk Association of Colleges and Universities and its Committee on Cultural Pluralism
- 1998: Faculty Member of the Year, selected by the Student Association
- 1997: Inducted as a honorary member of the College of Saint Rose Tau Theta Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi on April 18, 1997.
I have given numerous lectures, been a participant on numerous panels, a facilitator of numerous programs covering a variety issues and topics at The College of Saint Rose. Additionally, I have participated in the planning, as well as served as a panelist, at several New York State Political Science Conferences since the spring of 1994.