Speech and language therapy services are provided on an individual basis as stated in the child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
Each child also receives group experiences to support the generalization of skills into a classroom-type environment. Children attending our morning speech and language program must be approved for speech and language services through their school district’s Committee on Preschool Special Education.
- Circle Time
- Music & Movement
- Pre-literacy activities
- Structured Play
Speech and language therapy is provided by a New York State Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist in conjunction with graduate student clinicians in the Communication Sciences & Disorders Program at The College of Saint Rose.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Albany City School Year Calendar
- 441 Western Ave. Albany, NY 12203 (on the campus of The College of Saint Rose)
- Children receive group and individual communication experiences
- Includes a language-rich curriculum focusing on developing a child’s social language, literacy skills, speech sound development, and language development
- Located on the CDTA bus line (caregivers must transport children)
- Small classroom size
- Weekly Caregiver Resource Training
- Unique program hours to support the involvement of caregivers