Brewing up new projects, creating thought-provoking art, and handing out large amounts of cash on the street: Saint Rose alumni continue to make headlines.
- Jim Eaton ’95 is one of three cofounders of the Capital Region’s newest microbrewery. He was featured in “Fort Orange Brewing in Albany Opens,” in the Times Union, October 25, 2017.
“Fort Orange Brewing Opens in Albany,” Brewbound, November 1, 2017.
“Fort Orange Brewing: New Craft Brewery opening in Albany’s Warehouse District,” New York Upstate, October 20, 2017.
“See inside Albany’s newest brewery, renovated distillery,” Albany Business Review, October 20, 2017.
- The art of Colin C. Boyd ’02, whose works include installation and video pieces imagining the perspectives of animals, and whose pieces are currently on exhibit at the Albany International Airport, was featured in “Animal Magnetism,” in Take Magazine, October 15, 2017.
- The old-fashioned philanthropy of Jeff Buell ’01 was featured in “Spreading Good Feelings – $100 at A Time,” in the Times Union, September 29, 2017.
“New York Man Planning on Giving Away $50,000 for People to Pay It Forward,” WCMH-TV Columbus, October 5, 2017.
“New York Man Aims to Change the World with Kindness, One $100 Bill at A Time,” ABC 7 News, October 5, 2017.
“Jeff Buell, L’Homme Qui Veut Vous Payer pour Vos Bonnes Actions,” FredZone.com, October 30, 2017.
“Man hands out $100 bills to strangers on the street in upstate New York,” WABC7-TV, October 7, 2017.
In addition, Jeff Buell’s renovation plans for State Street were featured in “Upscale Renovation Proposed for Downtown Side Street,” in the Daily Gazette, October 24, 2017.
Also in: “Troy Developer Eyes Another State Street Corridor Project,” Times Union, October 23, 2017.
- Graham Tichy ’00 and the guitar-playing act he has with his musical dad were featured in “Father and Son John and Graham Tichy Team Up for Show/Performance at The Hanger to Be Chuck Berry Tribute,” in the Times Union on October 19, 2017.
- Melissa Mowry ’10 was featured in “Plattsburgh Woman Wins New England Regional Young Careerist Competition,” in the Press-Republican, October 21, 2017.
- Judith Enck ’81 penned two editorials (the second with a coauthor), both on October 27, 2017, about current responses to climate change in “We Cannot Weaken the EPA as Hurricanes Are Growing Worse,” The Hill and “The Bad Decision that Will Plague Puerto Rico for Decades,” in Buzzfeed.