- Saint Rose assists students using all types of veteran benefits, including but not limited to Vocational Rehab (Chapter 31), Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), Reserve GI Bill (Chapter 1606), and NYS Veterans’ Tuition Award.
- Saint Rose is a Yellow Ribbon School
- A veteran/dependent who is 100% eligible under the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) will attend tuition and fee free, plus housing and book allowance.
- Saint Rose accepts up to 15 transfer credits for military training, which includes PE credit from basic training.
- Saint Rose is an approved work site for the VA Work Study Program, where eligible students can earn an additional $4,000 per academic year by doing work helping other military family members.
“The resources Saint Rose has for its veteran students have been a tremendous help. Attending a truly Vet friendly school has set my mind at ease and I realize I made the right choice by transferring here. The Veteran Student Association has welcomed me into their group and it’s nice to know I’m not alone on campus. The cookout was a blast, and I can already tell I’m going to enjoy my time here at Saint Rose and look forward to getting involved in the campus community alongside fellow veterans. Vets will have a hard time choosing any other school but Saint Rose.”Shawn Sutton, Veteran - Biology Major, Student Veterans Association President
Military Friendly School
For five consecutive years, The College of Saint Rose has been named a “Military Friendly School®” by G.I. Jobs.
Student Veterans of America
The Saint Rose chapter of Student Veterans of America coordinates social and awareness events for the military/veteran community.