Approximately 120 graduate assistantship (GA) positions are sponsored by The College of Saint Rose each academic year. They are meant to provide qualified master’s degree candidates with opportunities to augment their educational experiences. Assistantships place emphasis on meaningful professional activities through engagement with college faculty and/or administrators. The selection process is competitively-based and will include an interview.
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible students must:
- be unconditionally admitted to a master’s degree at The College of Saint Rose (BS/MS students are not eligible).
- be enrolled full-time (at least 9 graduate credits).
- maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- not be registered for full-time student teaching, internship, practicum, or field placement, during the term of position.
- not have accepted other institutional aid or tuition benefit (i.e. Scholarships, etc.).
How does it work?
- GAs are awarded a $3,200 tuition based grant in return for 150 hours of work each semester.
- The award is applied directly to the GAs student account (much like a student loan or grant) at the end of each semester/completion of 150 hours.
How do I apply?
Graduate assistant positions for the 2017-2018 academic year are located at HireStRose. Only complete applications will be considered. If you have any questions about this process, please contact our office at 518-454-5143 or email@example.com.
Forms for New and Current GAs