Veteran Student Open House
On August 19th we will be hosting our Veteran Student Open House for all veterans, servicemembers and dependents interested in learning more about the educational opportunities Saint Rose has to offer. The event will be lead by COL. Martin “Marty” Dinan, Director of Veteran Enrollment at The College of Saint Rose.
- Saint Rose assists students using all types of veteran benefits, including but not limited to Vocational Rehab (Chapter 31), Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30), Reserve GI Bill (Chapter 1606), and NYS Veterans’ Tuition Award.
- Saint Rose is a Yellow Ribbon School
- A veteran/dependent who is 100% eligible under the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) will attend tuition and fee free, plus housing and book allowance.
- Saint Rose accepts up to 15 transfer credits for military training, which includes PE credit from basic training.
- Saint Rose is an approved work site for the VA Work Study Program, where eligible students can earn an additional $4,000 per academic year by doing work helping other military family members.
Saint Rose afforded me a great learning experience, and enabled me to effectively utilize my GI Bill and the College's Yellow Ribbon Program to pursue college tuition free. Through cooperation between the college and the VA, I was able to not only obtain my undergraduate degree in business but now I am pursuing my MBA. I highly recommend that veterans maximize their GI Bill at Saint Rose. Being “military friendly” is more than just a slogan to the college; they are taking real steps to make sure vets are successful members of the community.William Price '13, Veteran - Business Major, MBA
Military Friendly School
For five consecutive years, The College of Saint Rose has been named a “Military Friendly School®” by G.I. Jobs.
Student Veterans of America
The Saint Rose chapter of Student Veterans of America coordinates social and awareness events for the military/veteran community.