The College of Saint Rose offers an English as a Second Language Program. This program is designed to prepare international students for academic course work toward an undergraduate or graduate degree. To achieve that goal, the program:
- Equips international students with the English skills needed to successfully attend and complete any course at the College and to have the confidence to engage in activities, relationships, and organizations at the College and in the surrounding community.
- Provides international students with frequent opportunities to practice and cultivate their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
- Engages international students into cultural and academic activities so they may transition smoothly into College life.
The ESL program at the College of Saint Rose offers at least two levels each semester – Intermediate and Advanced. Additional levels will be added as needed. The program requires full-time enrollment of students, meaning 20 hours per week of in-class instruction. Additional activities include afternoon movie matinees, field trips, and conversation partners.
Advanced level students will have the option of enrolling in one academic course at the College. Upon arrival at Saint Rose, all students will be given a placement exam before being registered in the appropriate level.
To enroll in ESL, please complete this Interest Form. We will contact you to complete the enrollment process.
To test out of ESL, students must score equal to or above the following:
- TOEFL: 80
- IELTS: 6.0
- PTE: 56
ESL Program Costs
- Intermediate Fall and Spring Courses – $5,042
- Advanced Fall and Spring Courses – $5,042