- To offer curricula that encourage students to integrate personal development;
- To offer courses, programs, and intellectual opportunities that nurture critical thinking, value formation, and responsible citizenship;
- To provide opportunities and institutional resources for the social, intellectual, cultural, spiritual, and physical development of all students; and
- To foster an awareness of and respect for diversity through curricular and extra curricular activities, and through active efforts to encourage persons with various ethnic, religious, and personal backgrounds to join the college community.
Statement of Values
The College of Saint Rose values an environment which
- Promotes academic excellence
- Nurtures respect for and commitment to life-long learning
- Strives to achieve a caring, diverse community
- Fosters the development of the whole person
- Empowers individuals to improve themselves and the world around them
- Reveres its Catholic history and heritage and respects other traditions
–Approved by the Board of Trustees, May 1994
Honesty, trust, respect, fairness, responsibility, and the free exchange of ideas form the foundation of integrity that supports the entire community at The College of Saint Rose. Faculty, staff, administrators, and students embrace these ideals in all their interactions and communications. Members of the Saint Rose community are committed to developing and implementing clear and fair institutional policies, standards, and practices, applied equitably and humanely. In keeping with its mission, The College of Saint Rose creates a culture that continually fosters the development of personal integrity and promotes ethical behavior throughout the larger society.
–Approved by the Board of Trustees, May 2005