Skip to Main Content
Caitlin Stillwell '05, G'06
Caitlin Stillwell '05, G'06

Although she was interested in becoming a school counselor from the time she was in high school, Stillwell chose to pursue her college degree in special education instead. A teaching career was eventually followed by working as an admissions counselor for Saint Rose, and that’s when leading a college essay workshop at a local high school made her realize she needed to pursue her original goal.

Does having worked at Saint Rose inform your work counseling students about college today?
Yes, I feel like it gave me an inside track to help students through the application process. It allowed me to network with admissions offices throughout the country to learn how other schools operate and what other majors are available for students. It also allowed me to see the music audition and art portfolio review firsthand. Working at the College has given me the knowledge to help students navigate the test-optional option, as well as make smart decisions about financial aid.

What do you love about your work?
I love that I can help students with their post-high school plans. I love helping them find the best-fit college that supports them academically, financially, and socially. Best of all, the students stay in touch and help us inform the next class on how they are doing post high school. I love seeing our students grow and learn through this process and really become the drivers of their own post-high school journey. Our students are so appreciative of the assistance we are able to give them. I truly love seeing my students’ dreams come true, especially when they are accepted to their top-choice college.

Read Caitlin’s Full Q&A

Please select a valid form