Skip to Main Content

Sarina Biski

Sarina Biski, a Saint Rose senior dual adolescent and special education major, has been invited to join Kappa Delta Pi’s Teacher Candidate Advisory Council, which serves as a voice for all teacher candidates.

The diverse and inclusive group of 21 teacher candidates represents 19 states and includes 12 Black, indigenous, or people of color; seven individuals identifying as LGBTQ; four professionals for whom teaching is not their first career; as well as five identifying as male and 16 identifying as female.

Biski was initiated into the Tau Theta Chapter of KDP at Saint Rose on March 31, 2019. Her enthusiasm for serving the profession started locally.

“I currently hold the advocacy chair position on my chapter’s executive board, where I closely work with professors and community organizations to design professional development opportunities that prepare our members for the ever-improving field of education,” she wrote in her application.

“Having the opportunity to expand these visions to reach members on a larger scale and collaborate with a diverse advisory council is extremely motivating for me,” she continued. “As I prepare to student teach in the spring, the desire to consistently participate in opportunities that will improve my skillset and mindset has only grown. I vividly imagine my future classroom and my future students, and I proudly take the responsibility to create a better future for not only myself but my students.”

The KDP Teacher Candidate Advisory Council will be instrumental in helping staff design new programs, experiences, and products for members. Specifically, during the 2020-2021 academic year, the council will be advising on initiatives such as branding, content strategy, and planning; fresh merchandise and apparel for an online retail store; and fundraising campaigns.

Biski is looking forward to using her voice as part of this important collective for KDP.

“Taking this step to become a member of the national KDP Teacher Candidate Advisory Council is monumental in my preparation and growth as a future educator. I am grateful to be involved with such an inclusive and influential honor society that continuously fosters improvement in all aspects for the field of education.”

About Kappa Delta Pi: Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) is a 501c3 organization with a mission to inspire and equip teachers to thrive. Founded in 1911, the organization doubles as a professional association and honor society—providing programs, services, and resources to its member educators to support and enhance their professional growth. Currently comprised of 700 active chapters and 35,000 active student and professional members, KDP has more than 1.2 million alumni.