We know that Wednesday’s announcement that we have canceled classes for the remainder of the week, have asked students to leave the residence halls by Sunday at noon, and will shift to online delivery of all classes beginning March 16, was a lot to take in. We also realize the announcement may have caused some anxiety for students, their families, and Saint Rose employees as they looked to the coming days. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and we are here to answer your questions.
To reiterate, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 among our students or employees. We have been monitoring and communicating about the situation surrounding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) since late January. However, the spread of COVID-19 in New York State, the nation, and the world has been evolving rapidly. Given the growing public concern, we felt that in the interest of disease prevention and the protection of our community, we needed to make a decision quickly. Limiting group contact is a known way to reduce the spread of the virus. Our campus is a concentrated area, where people interact frequently in class, in common spaces, and in residence halls.
We know the announcement prompted questions, and some of those questions cannot be answered until time passes, and we see how COVID-19 will play out. To answer as many questions as possible, we’ve created a Frequently Asked Questions area of the College’s website specifically on this topic. We will continue to share updates as soon as we have answers, and we welcome you to ask questions:
- If you have a question about the residence halls, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a question about health services, contact: email@example.com.
- If you are a student having emotional difficulties and need to speak with a counselor, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a student concerned about one of their classes, please reach out to the professor for that class. Professors will be in contact with students at the end of the week, so students should monitor their Saint Rose email closely.
- If you have questions and comments that are not necessarily associated with your coursework, but are related to other aspects of academics, contact email@example.com.
- If students have questions about their path to graduation, they should contact Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.454.5217.
- For a general question, please contact Student Development at email@example.com or 518.454.5170.
Our goal is always to do what is best for our students, employees, and the greater Saint Rose community, and we will continue to monitor the situation, stay in frequent touch with local and state health departments, and use our best judgment to ensure that we are doing all we can during this unpredictable time. We all look forward to returning to normal College life as soon as possible. Again, thank you for your understanding.