ALBANY (May 17, 2017) — The Esther Massry Gallery at The College of Saint Rose presents “Design@Work: The Karene Faul Alumni Invitational Exhibition,” featuring printed media, web and video works by 14 outstanding alumni of the College’s renowned graphic design program.
Kelly Holohan, ’89, “Unite,” digital print, 30×20 in.
The exhibit is named for the late Karene Tarquin Faul, who served the Art Department for more than 40 years, 27 years as department chair.
“Design@Work: The Karene Faul Alumni Exhibition” opens Friday, June 2-Saturday, July 29. The exhibit reopens Friday, Sept. 8-Saturday, Sept. 16, at the Esther Massry Gallery, Massry Center for the Arts, 1002 Madison Ave., Albany.
Gallery receptions will be held Friday, June 2, and September 8, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. All events at the gallery are free and open to the public.
Summer gallery hours for the exhibit are: June 3-July 29, Tuesday–Saturday noon-5 p.m. (closed Sunday, Monday and July 4). Fall academic hours are Sept. 8-Sept. 16, Monday–Saturday noon-5 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday until 8 p.m. The gallery will be open for First Fridays, June 2 and September 1, 5 p.m.-9 p.m.
Michael Vamosy, ’93, Starz, “DaVinci’s Demons,” 36×24 in.
The 14 exhibiting artists’ graduation dates span 26 years. Their work represents a variety of disciplines including printed media, web design and video:
- Scott Bartley ’92, co-founder and creative director, Bartley & Dick, the award-winning New York City advertising and design agency.
- Brian Billow ’91, comedy director-writer, cinematographer, O Positive Films, Brooklyn, New York.
- Robert Comire ’06, senior creative manager, LEGO Group, Hartford, Connecticut.
- Dyanna Csaposs ’01, freelance illustrator, Brooklyn, New York.
- Janna Czepiel ’15, branding and packaging design Interact, Boulder, Colorado.
- Whitney Dobladello ’15, junior graphic designer, Journelle, Brooklyn, New York.
- Phil Giarrusso ’13, freelance graphic design, illustrator, animator specializing in video game development, Wynantskill, New York.
- Alicia Hallett-Chan ’06, head, creative team at brand marketing department, The New York Times, T Brand Studio, New York, New York.
Robert Comire, ’06, LEGO poster, 36×24 in.
Kelly Holohan, ’89, associate professor, BFA and MFA program head, graphic and interactive design, Tyler School of Art, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Emily Jahn ’11, art director, The Patient Experience Project, a pharmaceutical design agency, Saratoga Springs, New York.
- Tim Nerney ’95, runs his boutique design shop, Engine 7 Design, Troy, New York.
- Ron Pucherelli ’98, senior animator, Sony PlayStation, Los Angeles, California.
- Melina Smyres ’01, professor and coordinator of graphic design, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, Oklahoma.
- Michael Vamosy, ’93, chief creative officer at Stun Creative, Los Angeles, California.
For more information about the exhibition, contact Jeanne Flanagan, gallery director, at email@example.com or phone 518-485-3902.