College isn't only academics, it's also an opportunity to learn and grow as a leader for campus — and beyond.
The College of Saint Rose is invested in enhancing leadership opportunities on and around campus. The Office of Student Life programming offers Saint Rose students opportunities to develop and apply leadership skills. Students will gain experience and knowledge through purposeful events. By taking advantage of leadership opportunities across campus, students will become stronger graduate candidates successfully navigating career choices.
L.E.A.D. Program: Learn. Engage. Apply. Dedicate.
L.E.A.D. Program offers a multi-faceted program with hands-on experiences, workshops, and speaker events. The program will provide you with both foundational knowledge and practical application of leadership skills. You will examine your own leadership style, select a track which speaks to your interest, and apply your skills to real world issues and future career. You will interact with fellow students and friends during free on campus workshops. By completing different levels within the program, you will receive a certificate of completion and other awards.
Tracks of L.E.A.D. Program are designed to offer you a more in-depth view of a specific subject. Webinars and seminars will be offered throughout the year on your track. Tracks include the following:
- Effective Communication: improve communication skills to assist in leadership roles as well as day to day communication (i.e. public speaking)
- Community Service: participate in community service/voluntary work on and off campus to learn more about personal motivations and develop critical thinking skills to solve real-world problems
- Diversity-Inclusivity: explore social justice issues while learning how to work in diverse teams, lead a diverse group of people
- Women In Leadership: understand challenges while connecting to success stories of others in leadership roles and building a mentor relationship with women in business
- L.G.B.T. In Leadership: focus on social justice issues, research contributions to areas of business and politics
Whether you have joined L.E.A.D. Program by selecting a track or are just interested in improving your skills, you can attend a workshop. Free on campus workshops cover a variety of topics, including:
- Understanding your leadership style
- Principles of leadership
- How to be an effective team leader
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Ethics of being a leader
- Future career planning
- Vision and goal setting for club/organization and for personal pursuits
- Leading change and leading with assertiveness
- Motivating yourself and others to achieve success
CORE Day and Club Leadership Day are part of L.E.A.D. Program. CORE Day is designed for new student leaders on campus. In the Spring semester, you will attend CORE Day to give you necessary tools to be an effective leader on the Saint Rose campus. At Club Leadership Day, as a club executive board member, you will learn more about guiding your club to a successful semester. You will receive a certificate of completion after attending either CORE or Club Leadership Day.
For more information about L.E.A.D. Program or to participate, please contact Director of Student Life, Cherèva McClellan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 518-454-5170.