Thousands of K-12 teachers, speech-language pathologists, college administrators, and other educators got their start at Saint Rose.
As one of New York’s largest centers for certifying education professionals, the Thelma P. Lally School of Education has graduated an estimated one-third of Capital Region educators working today.
- 25 programs (undergraduate and graduate)
- 96% pass rate on the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations
- Extensive student teaching and fieldwork in professional settings—K-12 schools, colleges, counseling practices, and the Pauline K. Winker Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic, to name a few
- Internationally recognized faculty in Communication Sciences & Disorders and many other education fields, including college presidents, an author and national consultant on bullying, a former deputy superintendent for New York City, and teachers who have spent decades in classrooms at every educational level
- Alumni who lead curriculum development for state education departments, teach English in China, head global learning organizations for Fortune 100 companies, manage literacy coalitions, supervise mental health agencies—and win distinguished teaching awards
- Accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (for professional education programs) and the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (for Communication Sciences & Disorders)